Yamaha Star Stryker banner

drilling exhaust end plates..???

12K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  Stryk 
#1 ·
seen several posts about many of you that have drilled several hole here. first, is it worth the effort if im not planning on new exhaust anytime soon and second, can someone post a picture of this?? not that i dont trust this suggestion, but i got burned by my friends on jeepforum once over a joke mod, www.kaleautomotive.com. thanks...

#8 ·
new guy here and just asking a stupide question... i know this has been discussed in mnay threads but is it really good for the engine to drill holes in the exhaust. i have to admit it sounds good on the youtube vids, but does the cat really hold all the backpressure to keep the engine from running too rich/lean? i kinda like the stock exhaust...well enough to wait for the right aftermarket.... but i would like a deeper sound

#11 ·
savage9 said:
new guy here and just asking a stupide question... i know this has been discussed in mnay threads but is it really good for the engine to drill holes in the exhaust. i have to admit it sounds good on the youtube vids, but does the cat really hold all the backpressure to keep the engine from running too rich/lean? i kinda like the stock exhaust...well enough to wait for the right aftermarket.... but i would like a deeper sound

aftermarket exhaust allows alot more air flow then drilling the holes no issues on mine and it seems to run alittle cooler the fan doesn't kick on as much. bike and atv manufactures set the air/fuel mixture alittle on the rich side stock so adding aftermarket exhaust you'll still be good drilling the holes your only letting out about half the airflow most aftermarket pipes do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.