Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I was looking at the Raider and I really like the duel disk brakes up front. I would need:

Different master cyclinder
Different front rim, or hub
And the disk s and calipers.

Right?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
This one is real easy. My dad used to tell me, " Son, Taker real easy but not too sleazy!"

I would just go and buy the Raider if you want dual front disc's. I was not too sure about the Stryker, coming from an 1100 classic (dual disc).

I can't tell the difference anymore! Kinda like this site, I forgot what the previous one looked like.

March forward Garson, the general says we'll win the war~
just sacrifice one thousand more.

:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a lot of hassle. I guess scratch that idea.

·
8,693 Posts
5mm is .197". Not sure how much strength that would take away from the triple trees.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
5mm is .197". Not sure how much strength that would take away from the triple trees.
If I were going to do it I would first start with determining if the Stryker frame would accept the Raider triple trees and go from there.
I wouldn't mill anything from the Stryker trees and certainly not almost two tenths of an inch, That's just under 1/4"

IF... I were considering doing it that is...
I'm not!
My bike stops just fine!

·
8,693 Posts
If I were going to do it I would first start with determining if the Stryker frame would accept the Raider triple trees and go from there.
I wouldn't mill anything from the Stryker trees and certainly not almost two tenths of an inch, That's just under 1/4"

I'm not!
My bike stops just fine!
Agreed- And also we get to show off more of our front wheel bling than the Raiders are able to.

·
8,693 Posts
I rarely use the front brake. Thats just how I roll!

·
Registered
78 Posts
if your coming from a front 2 disc bike, there is always that question about the single disc. I just got used to it, its fine.

Same here... had a 1100 Classic with dual disc upfront.... cant tell the difference on the stryker, but if you are looking for some more bite check out some of the aftermarket discs and pads.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm not!
My bike stops just fine!
That is beautiful! I want to add the Low and Mean front fender and radiator cowl! I like the chrome pipes but I've been kicking around the idea of some Cobra swept back pipes with that angle. I looked at some "Curb Burners" but it's hot enough as it is! I think I will just add a steel braided brake line and see if that helps. Back brake locks up real easy on hard brake and down shift

1 - 19 of 19 Posts