Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Somehow I lucked out and my TPS was .664 lmao so I only had to plug that in on the low and then get the high reading and plug that in. My dirty girl now has the manners and etiquette of a lady, I suspect she still get dirty for me if I tell her to 8p.... . .
by the by my number looks to be 66.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. This sounds brilliant. I have many of the issues Ivan mentions on his website. Is it possible to get one sent out to Australia or are their plans to make this possible?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi. This sounds brilliant. I have many of the issues Ivan mentions on his website. Is it possible to get one sent out to Australia or are their plans to make this possible?
Go to forums, scroll to the bottom and click on Australia. The have a thread on there with links to a place that does it for you guys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That would be ECUwest down in Port Kennedy. I had the flash and dynotune done at the same time. So much smoother acceleration, more economical and rides so much better. I also got a 3hp gain. Others have had up to 10hp depending on their setup

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There needs to be a Canadian company able to do this flash, our dollar plus shipping puts this well over 500$
The joys of living in Canada......adds another level to decision making on parts.
I feel it's worth the money spent, even with exchange and shipping.
But we all have to weigh our own wants and needs. Do you want this, or do you need it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got it back yesterday. I didnt have time to do more than read over the instructions and plug the ecu back into the bike. I cleared my schedule for this afternoon though when I get home.
You seriously got it back in what? 3 days? What payment options does Ivan give? And how did you ship to him? How does he ship back and is that included in the price? Sorry for all the questions but I'm seriously considering doing this.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You seriously got it back in what? 3 days? What payment options does Ivan give? And how did you ship to him? How does he ship back and is that included in the price? Sorry for all the questions but I'm seriously considering doing this.
Ivan flashes the ECU and sends it back the same day he gets it.
Check out his website and you will find the information you need to proceed. You will need to print off and fill out a form from his website. When he has completed the ECU flash he will contact you for payment.
Give him a shout on the phone and you will find him nothing short of completely helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ivan flashes the ECU and sends it back the same day he gets it.
Check out his website and you will find the information you need to proceed. You will need to print off and fill out a form from his website. When he has completed the ECU flash he will contact you for payment.
Give him a shout on the phone and you will find him nothing short of completely helpful.
Thanks, I will definitely do this.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
hmmm :tsk: Consider wisely the source you should.

Take Miko's advice on this with a grain of salt. He doesn't have Ivan's tune.
That's a good way to put it. "Take it with a grain of salt." I don't have the tune but I have ridden my buddy's bike with it. You definitely do need something I can tell you that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The joys of living in Canada......adds another level to decision making on parts.
I feel it's worth the money spent, even with exchange and shipping.
But we all have to weigh our own wants and needs. Do you want this, or do you need it.
I want, don't need... but the same can be said about 95% of my purchases! I will however wait for a deal to help justify my wants ;)

What was your total cad price?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I just got the flash done from him. I already had my PCV (he supplied me with the map for it with his flash). Exchange was only at 1.10 when I did it, so it was a tad more favorable.
Still worth it. If you get the flash, you can always get a fuel controller later.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just heard from friend with a Raider that Ivan has update to his flash. Going to try and find out if he is doing an update for our bikes. Supposed to be fixes for some issues and even better gas mileage. will post again when i find out.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just heard from friend with a Raider that Ivan has update to his flash. Going to try and find out if he is doing an update for our bikes. Supposed to be fixes for some issues and even better gas mileage. will post again when i find out.

Well that didn't take long. Sorry but update is for Raider only. :tsk:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I finally got to try the Flash today after a long winter of waiting (I had the ECU flashed in the winter Holiday Season). The ride is now much smoother when the engine is asked for Torque and the lugging is all gone! I will not repeat all that's been said, but guys I am so happy about this. I just wanted to add that I can now clearly hear the air sucked in the air box (stock) at each gear shift when I pull hard. This is a side effect I guess, which I think is cool, but I can't explain. Sounds like a performance modified engine.

1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts