Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ok, so here are my impressions of Ivan's Flash after a good riding day...

I haven't been on my bike in a couple of weeks, so when I installed the ECU I was wondering how much of a difference I would notice. But it didn't take long to find out.

1) I started the bike and noticed that it didn't change RPM as it was warming up. Normally it would start higher, then drop, then come back up as the ECU tried to sniff the air and figure out an ideal RPM. This time, it just settled immediately into a steady low beat and stayed there.

2) The bike sounded a bit... mellower. I think it was because it was running more evenly, even before I even got onto it.

3) Even without giving it gas, as I headed out of my parking garage, I noticed it pulled stronger at low idle. As I started on the the street in first gear, it seemed noticeably smoother.

4) Once I got rolling, the torque curve felt much more immediate. There was no stutter or lag, just an even smooth roll on of the throttle.

5) On the highway, it pulled strong right off the throttle crack. No stutter or slight lag as before. It was great!

6) Zero backfire or popping. I didn't mind that before, but now it is completely gone.

7) I used to have to fiddle between 2nd and 3rd in the city a LOT. This ride I could stay in 3rd at low and higher rpm, less shifting. It was really nice to be able to ride it without constantly clutching.

8) A new sound when I crack the throttle from low rpm... like a ping or a click, a sound of metal with a couple of noticeable 'ting' sounds. I don't know if that is a valve thing, or the throttle bodies or something? Anyone know?

And this... it somehow feels much easier to downshift. The gears just mesh nice while slowing the bike and much less of a jerky feel. Very sweet.

Maybe there is also a little less engine retardation effect when slowing down? But not really much that I've noticed.

Overall, it is quite a change. Feels like some of the sport bikes I have ridden - smooth, linear and more of a settled ride, with a quicker throttle response.

I must say I am impressed!

Question: When I put the ECU back in, I thought the rubber boot stretched *over the end of the ECU. But it wouldn't go. Does that rubber boot just rest on top of the ECU, or does it actually stretch over it? I just left it resting on top of the device for now, but don't want any water or anything in there... anyone know?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,064 (Edited)
Not sure where I should put this for you guys, so here goes:

Ivan's Holiday Sale !!

Friday November 25th through Friday December 23rd.

Individual item sales
15% off Jet kits
10% off Classic Series Jet Kits (2 strokes from 60's and 70's)
10% off ECU Programming
15% off Block-off plate products

Complete package purchase:
Exhaust system (full or slip-on)
ECU Reprogramming - 10% off
PCV/PCFC
Air filter
Block-off plates will be 20% off and free shipping for entire package!!
(Free shipping applies to lower 48 states)

Power Commander purchases include my maps & specific instructions for your application.

Sale dates will not be extended
Sale prices are offered to purchases made during sale dates only

Thanks for all your business guys !!
Happy Holidays to you and your family !! :thumbs:

Ivan

·
Registered
10 Posts
I gotta get this done..... with the Canadian dollar sucking so much ass lately though... uggh... be 500 dollars or more.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I gotta get this done..... with the Canadian dollar sucking so much ass lately though... uggh... be 500 dollars or more.
Trust me, from another Canuck, it'll be the best money you spent on the bike. Well worth the pain of the $ exchange.

·
Registered
10 Posts
answers probably in this thread but whats the turnaround time on it? Anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
answers probably in this thread but whats the turnaround time on it? Anyone?
i sent mine in on a Tuesday and he had it back to me by Friday. Granted he is only the next state over from me but definitely worth doing. My bike runs so much smoother and no popping on the down shift and no jerking movement shifting from 1st to 2nd. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My ECU is off to Ivan.

Ive called him but he has been busy. My bike currently has Cobra Autotune, VH pipes, and Spike filter. If I remove the pipes and the autotuner, will the air filter be ok with just the flash?! I have the OEM air box but I like the look of the spike and it may help out with things.

Honestly, after spending so much loot, I would like to sell the tuner to pay for part of the tune (over 500$ cdn after shipping) and the pipes are too loud for me (stock will be fine)

Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My ECU is off to Ivan.

Ive called him but he has been busy. My bike currently has Cobra Autotune, VH pipes, and Spike filter. If I remove the pipes and the autotuner, will the air filter be ok with just the flash?! I have the OEM air box but I like the look of the spike and it may help out with things.

Honestly, after spending so much loot, I would like to sell the tuner to pay for part of the tune (over 500$ cdn after shipping) and the pipes are too loud for me (stock will be fine)

Any thoughts on that?
yep. you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody.
I don't know if I'm posting in the right tread but seeing that you are discussing about the ECU, here it goes...
I don't know anything about mechanic and to be honest I'm afraid to mess it up. I have a 2011 Stryker Raven with everything original. It was working great one day and the very next day, it didn't start. I took it to the mechanic and he said that the fuel pump was not working. After some more tests, he told me that it is possible that the ECU is the one that is damaged. My question is:
Can it be repaired? Ivan, Can you do something?
Thank you in advance for any feedback on this.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi everybody.
I don't know if I'm posting in the right tread but seeing that you are discussing about the ECU, here it goes...
I don't know anything about mechanic and to be honest I'm afraid to mess it up. I have a 2011 Stryker Raven with everything original. It was working great one day and the very next day, it didn't start. I took it to the mechanic and he said that the fuel pump was not working. After some more tests, he told me that it is possible that the ECU is the one that is damaged. My question is:
Can it be repaired? Ivan, Can you do something?
Thank you in advance for any feedback on this.
Wrong thread BUUUUUUTTT....since we're here,

If you think it is the ECU or the pump, I'd have a Yammy dealer that you can trust check both. If you don't know one, ask around. Maybe someone on here can recommend a good one for your area.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Random, somewhat related story:

Last night, after watching the finale of Haunting Of Hill House I had a nightmare... I started my bike and instead of the speedo there was just an LED display with all sorts of random flashing numbers and I realized my ECU had died. Then I realized I had an extra ECU in my drawer (I don't, it being a dream and all)... but I was so upset - not at my ECU going down, but that I didn't have Ivan's Flash on my 'other' ECU. Happy to wake up...

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts