Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I Flash my ECU will this stop my jerking in 1st gear at low speed below 10 miles per hr in parking lots

·
Registered
559 Posts
At or below 10 mph with the clutch fully disengaged you would be lugging the engine, so NO it would not fix that, you'll still need to feather the clutch at that speed. It will eliminate the jerkiness that we all complained about in other threads tho.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
If I Flash my ECU will this stop my jerking in 1st gear at low speed below 10 miles per hr in parking lots
At or below 10 mph with the clutch fully disengaged you would be lugging the engine, so NO it would not fix that, you'll still need to feather the clutch at that speed. It will eliminate the jerkiness that we all complained about in other threads tho.
That jerkiness is normal in any bike at that low speed. Just like a standard car
I see a 30 tooth pulley is being sold here on the forum for $65. If it's not already sold it will be very soon.
Buy It!
THAT will get rid of any additional jerkiness that the reflash doesn't take care of.
I don't have the reflash but I have many other changes and upgrades including the 30 tooth and mine does not chug in lower gears at very low speeds.
The reflash will get rid of more bad habits this bike can have without spending a lot of $$ and time (Like I did) to get rid of most of them.

EDIT: You're too late. There are two buyers ahead of you on that pulley now! That didn't take long.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Immortal, I was out in forney this weekend, righ off of 548. This is about 45 minutes from my house. Did I see a club called "Silver?"....We just might have to do a meet there one day unless there is a better place.
I don't know that club but yeah hit me up and we'll meet up sometime

1 - 12 of 12 Posts