Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Engine Coolant

5347 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BillyD66
Hi y'all,
This is my first post but i have been lurking around the site since i received my stryker
on april 9th. This place is great and a lot of you have done amazing things to your bikes!

Quick question, i have had a set of radiator hoses molded out of pyrex (similar to the brent hodge mod)
I will have to drain the engine coolant to do the install
at the same time, i will change the fluid to dexcool cause it will match my bike more (My stryker is reddish copper)
Has anyone done a flush on there bike yet? is it a big ordeal?
will i really have to take off the mufflers?
thank you in advance for any info you guys have.
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
skwerlee said:
Click on the link is this thread to download the service manual in PDF format. Everything you'll need is in section 3-18 of the manual 8)

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Thank you☺
Frag said:
toynut said:
Hi y'all,
This is my first post but i have been lurking around the site since i received my stryker
on april 9th. This place is great and a lot of you have done amazing things to your bikes!

Quick question, i have had a set of radiator hoses molded out of pyrex (similar to the brent hodge mod)
I will have to drain the engine coolant to do the install
at the same time, i will change the fluid to dexcool cause it will match my bike more (My stryker is reddish copper)
Has anyone done a flush on there bike yet? is it a big ordeal?
will i really have to take off the mufflers?
thank you in advance for any info you guys have.
Post picture as soon as it is installed :)

I will for sure.
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.