Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'm looking at getting engine guards for my ride. (2014). Ive considered the yamaha designed engine guards, however they look too small to offer a lot of protection, but the bracing structure looks strong.

I'm thinking of getting Lindby or cobra bars instead which look like they offer better clearance to protect the bike, although the oem bracing doesn't look like it would be as effective as the yamaha model.

I'd appreciate any input on pros/cons on either style and effectiveness.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
859 Posts
I like the lindby look and got one, never laid it down so can't say how it will do but I'm sure it would protect!

·
8,693 Posts
I have the Yami guards and did forget to put kickstand down once. Bike went over and set on guard and pegs. All was good other than my Ego took a big hit.!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. Lindy bars look great too. I notice that they brace over the rad though. Do you think for anything greater than a tip over, the bracing would be less supporting because of where its braced?

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
859 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Lindy bars look great too. I notice that they brace over the rad though. Do you think for anything greater than a tip over, the bracing would be less supporting because of where its braced?
I do not. I think the opposite, since it is bolted in three places actually makes it a stronger option. As the top mount above Rad is welded to the frame. The factory one only bolts to peg mounts if I remember it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I appreciate the input. I can only see what's on the net so it's nice to hear some first hand thoughts. The Lindbys do look great though. I'd normally go with the yamaha make but they look under-width to really help protect the bike. I put yamaha bars on my first bike and they didn't offer a lot of protection but the bolt-up was strong though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Preacherman... I see you have the Low and Mean rad cover and fender on your ride.. I was wondering about fitment on the lindby crash bar with that setup. Is there and modifications required to use that crashbar with the rad cover?
many thanks.
Ron

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
859 Posts
Preacherman... I see you have the Low and Mean rad cover and fender on your ride.. I was wondering about fitment on the lindby crash bar with that setup. Is there and modifications required to use that crashbar with the rad cover?
many thanks.
Ron
Yes, for use with Rad Cover mods are needed, wasn't hard simple hole saw worked perfect, I used the spacers I had from my B'cool front steel fender.

My right up- https://www.yamahastarstryker.com/20-how-tos/72606-lindby-bar-install-non-l-m-chin-scoop.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts