Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
CSG, Got the bike back today with a brand new Yuasa battery. As Draeger so aptly put it, "It's always the *******battery!" And apparently it was exactly that. The shop said the old battery had a fatal fault internally, and that's all they replaced. The bike is charging properly now, and seems fine going down the road. Of course, with the fee for the tow, the bill came to $180, so live and learn, I guess! Thanks to all the contributors on this subject.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have learned my lesson and installed a voltmeter to show me if my battery slowly start losing charge. I refuse to ever get stranded due to a slowly dying battery.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have learned my lesson and installed a voltmeter to show me if my battery slowly start losing charge. I refuse to ever get stranded due to a slowly dying battery.
That's what I like about my buddy's HD fairing. It has a volt gauge so you can see if the charging system is going. Not sure if we have an idiot light or not for that but the gauge is better IMO...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Final Verdict is in! The shop replaced the battery with a new Yuasa battery and the bike sprung to life. They checked the old battery and apparently it had some sort of internal fault that allowed complete failure to the point where it showed no hint of voltage at all. Apparently everything else was fine, so all I was charged for was the battery, the roadside pick-up, and very little labor to install it. The bike is running fine now, and has been ever since! Many thanks to Draeger and CSG for the helpful input. Bill

21 - 26 of 26 Posts