Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Your probably just lugging the bike too much, try letting it reva bit more before you shift. If it's still bad swing by a shop to make sure something isn't going wrong. They all chug if you upshift too soon.

·
Registered
968 Posts
How many miles are on it? Could need to sink the throttle body? I'd start by going through the whole bike and checking for anything loose, but you probably did that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I feel like mine vibrates a lot when I accelerate as well particularly in lower gears. I figured it was normal since its done it since Ive got the bike. Like you, this is my first V twin experience though so I really have no frame of reference.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forevachillin1 said:
I feel like mine vibrates a lot when I accelerate as well particularly in lower gears. I figured it was normal since its done it since Ive got the bike. Like you, this is my first V twin experience though so I really have no frame of reference.
Thats pretty much my experience , I did change the baffles on my stock pipes not quit sure it that added to it .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Give it more throttle each gear! It happens on this bike most peeps are keeping it in 4th til 60+ MPH.... Don't fret... Don't be gentle with this bike and don't be afraid of flippin' the throttle a little harder than most bikes... I thought that also when I first got it and then started beatin' on it and it's doin' just fine!

·
8,693 Posts
It has a rev limiter anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts