Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adding new exhaust to my stryker that i just bought, curious what i need to do about the o2 sensor. Not sure if the the new pipes have the spot ready for it or what i gotta do there. Let me know please.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not knowing what pipes you bought, but any quality aftermarket pipes made for the street will have a bung for the O2 sensor, if not, DON'T BUY!!

RSR

·
Registered
157 Posts
CHEETO77 said:
Adding new exhaust to my stryker that i just bought, curious what i need to do about the o2 sensor. Not sure if the the new pipes have the spot ready for it or what i gotta do there. Let me know please.
Details, what pipes did you end up buying???

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep, Phat Performance has black Cobra swepts and some vance and hines too. The Power Commander V is not available yet. I had checked with Timmy at Tejas Motorsports last week. The part number for the PCV is 22-042.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good to know.

I did a Google search for "Cobra Swepts Yamaha Stryker" yesterday and it brought up a couple listings, but the pictures showed a Raider, which would make me question on if they're sending the correct part.

So why are the black ones almost $100 higher than the chrome? Isn't chrome more expensive than powdercoating?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There on super bike toy store there paid for and correct, they are expected from cobra on the 29th of april. i did buy black with a fuel programer total cost 950 or so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been looking at black exhausts, and they are always $100 more. I guess everyone is trying to cash in on the blackout craze, which sucks for me cause I'm in one.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those look sweet on the blue Stryker! I want that Cobra air intake also, but in black. My buddy put one on his Fury and it made a big difference. I need a part time job to finance my mods!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
FYI - I believe the Cobra intake is flat black. There's no picture for the Stryker (of course) but they have a picture for the Harley's. Its nice but gloss black would be nicer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts