Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 12 inch bars from FMB and a 2 inch riser JIC i wanna go bigger. She told me that i can go up to a 12 inch with a 2 inch riser and not need new cables but the 14 i would need new cables. my buddy who also has a 2011 stryker says i will need new cables for the 12. Anyone with experience or that definitely knows this?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
According to one member You should be good. here is his post!

Hey guys, I just ordered the 12" laid back monkey bars from them. Be aware, these bars are not yet on the fmbchopperparts.com website, they're only on amazon. If you want these then you'll have to call until they update their products on the site. I agree, it's been a little bit of a hassle getting in contact with them and I now know why.

Another tidbit, he said that ordering cables IS NOT necessary as long as you order 12" bars and the risers are 2" MAX. Anything above that and you will need longer cables.:nod:

Also!
Here is his full thread-

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/18-mods-accessories/45674-fmb-12-apes.html

·
Registered
92 Posts
Longer cables

I have 12" FMB bars on 1.5" risers and I extended the wiring and bought longer throttle cables, clutch cable, and brake line. This is the way to do the job right. I have put taller bars on my Stryker and three Harleys. If you don't extend the wiring and the cables/lines you will end up with problems at some point in the not too distant future.
Extending the wiring and purchasing the longer cables/lines cost more money and takes more time, but is worth every cent and hour spent. The switch housing wiring should be run through the bars for the cleanest look, but that is only my opinion.
I have attached a few pictures of my Stryker to show how a clean job looks. Message me if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
How's it ride with the new bars?
Are the pre drilled for the switches? I'm thinking about getting the same bars just in matte black. Where did you pick up your cables???
How difficult is the swap?
Sorry for all the questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
I put those bars and risers on mine at 3k miles, i'm now at over 9k with no issues and i ride the s*** out of it. Just check out my thread. But whatever anybody says, make that bike your own and make it safe.
Have a beer for me

·
Registered
92 Posts
The FMB bars are great. They come with slots pre-cut for internal wiring. I bought the extended length cables from Pacific Coast Star. I bought a wiring extension kit from JP Cycle. They are made for Harleys, so you have to make a wiring diagram to match up the wires after you pull the extensions through the bars.The process of running extended internal wiring is tedious and time consuming, but the results are worth it. There are quite a few videos on YouTube showing how to do it. I did the bars on all three bikes in the picture of my garage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any recommendations on which extended cables to go with? also i assume i will only need the 2-6 inch extenders?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The cables from Pacific Coast Star are good. I would get at least 6" over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The FMB bars are great. They come with slots pre-cut for internal wiring. I bought the extended length cables from Pacific Coast Star. I bought a wiring extension kit from JP Cycle. They are made for Harleys, so you have to make a wiring diagram to match up the wires after you pull the extensions through the bars.The process of running extended internal wiring is tedious and time consuming, but the results are worth it. There are quite a few videos on YouTube showing how to do it. I did the bars on all three bikes in the picture of my garage.

Hi dragunovguy
Is +6" plus stock what you used for your 12" FMB?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts