Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I recently did an approx. 2500 miles trip from DC to Minneapolis and back and I was able to successfully get rid of most of the points of fatigue using the airhawk cushion for seat comfort, throttle lock for wrist fatigue, luggage bag for back support. One only prolonged discomfort I experienced during the trip was the vibration in the foot pet, and somehow it is more noticeable in the left than in right.

So the question is, what should I try to minimize the vibration in foot peg, should I try aftermarket pegs, floorboards, trying to add any sort of additional cushion on top of the rubber in the factory foot peg.

Any suggestion welcome.

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
85 Posts
Get yourself a set of floorboards and never look back. I find floorboards are way more comfortable than pegs and I have never noticed any vibrations at all on them. I also installed some highway pegs. 90% of the time, my feet on up on the highway pegs and I find it's pretty comfy.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
809 Posts
Got to be the first time I've heard of foot vibration complaint! Plantar fasciitis maybe? I do have mini foot boards and love them, I can't say I notice any vibration until I scrape on a sharp bend. I have feet issues (plantar fasciitis/corns and some gout) and it doesn't bother me a bit. Now my Boney butt, haven't found a solution yet, Corbin seat didn't work, stock seat didn't work, mustang didn't work. Still need a break about 2 hrs in. I have carpal tunnel and my hands go numb quicker than anything, I'm always resting those, but my feet have never been an issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check belt tension. Mine was over tighten which cause vibration. I loosen up a bit and now vibration gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts