Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Found some interesting damage and missing parts

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Skwerlee 
#1 ·
Looks like some chewed parts on the rear brake rotor and the cap and bolt on the swing arm are gone. Hopefully the pics attach properly.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
SmokenJOE said:
If the dealer you bought the bike from is responsible for the set up............have them come pick it up!
Not safe to ride that way.
I agree that is why I asked about the 600 mile service. If this was due to poor dealer setup then this issue should've been caught during the first service. If he took it in for the first service then the dealership will definitely be on the hook for this. Either they screwed up during initial setup or while doing the service. On the other hand if the first service was never done then the dealership will most likely not cover any of this.

#7 ·
Delta470 said:
I did take it in for the 600 mile service a couple weeks ago. I was going to call the dealer I took it to about it a bit later today. I was wondering what could have caused it and is it safe to ride but now I know!
OK great they'll definitely be responsible for this. As long as the axle nut is properly torqued there should be no danger in riding it to the dealer....but after seeing how they screwed this up I wouldn't trust that the axle nut is torqued properly.

#8 ·
After riding it to the dealer where I had the service done (7 miles away) they looked at it and agreed it was their fault and the guy who did the work probably didn't put on the lock nut. So they are taking care of everything. Too bad it's out of service till Monday.

#9 ·
This was an issue with mine as well, I had the dealer replace the rotor with a brand new one, and it was the cap that was rotating and hitting into the rotor that caused the damage. I actually heard it hitting into the rotor... the way I noticed it was I had my ex ride it in front of me, aand you can see the cap freely spinning. The first nut ( no, not my ex!!!) was completely gone, and the second one was backing off too. They replaced them with the lock nuts and I have had no issues since.

#10 ·
Delta470 said:
After riding it to the dealer where I had the service done (7 miles away) they looked at it and agreed it was their fault and the guy who did the work probably didn't put on the lock nut. So they are taking care of everything. Too bad it's out of service till Monday.
That sucks that your bike is down! At least the dealer is stepping up to the plate and taking care of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.