Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my map from my dyno (79.65 HP)
Set up
Freedom Performance exhaust
S&S Intake

Sea level

If you are using the o2 optimizer with this set up, I uploaded a map here use this one as it's got the values in our cruise circuit to work with the optimizer and the PCV to drive the AFR to 13.6:1 :
http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/16...edom-performance-s-s-intake-3.html#post548722
Download the Dynojet adjusted map 06_24 here for use with the optimizer
http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/at...nce-s-s-intake-dynojet-adjusted-map-06_24.zip

Even the guy doing my dyno didn't pick up on this. He thought I had a resistor mod in place, and not the optimizer. This map posted in this post is for use WITHOUT a o2 sensor or someone using just the resistor mod
This map may work for those that are NOT using the o2 optimizer that comes with the PCV. Only use this if you have eliminated your o2 sensor, or you are using just a resistor mod to your harness then this map may work for you.

May 31st map posted below will NOT work properly with the o2 optimizer installed. There are fuel values in the cruise range that will "fight" the optimizer and stock ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's amazing how much fuel they took out of that. It must have been really fat stock.
I wasn't getting the best gas mileage that's for sure. I was using one of the stock maps from dynojet. It was the one for the cobra #3 map for the cobra speedster sweep exhaust and the spike intake prior to taking it in.
It maps both cylinders exactly the same. It took quite a few runs to get it right.......burnt a tank of gas on the dyno today! LOL

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
I wasn't getting the best gas mileage that's for sure. I was using one of the stock maps from dynojet. It was the one for the cobra #3 map for the cobra speedster sweep exhaust and the spike intake prior to taking it in.
It maps both cylinders exactly the same. It took quite a few runs to get it right.......burnt a tank of gas on the dyno today! LOL
You mind me asking how much you paid?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, I was getting about 35mpg with the tune from dynojet. Now I am running a tune I have just adjusted on by sound and feel and its getting 43mpg.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mind me asking how much you paid?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
For the tank of gas? :wink:
I was there for about 5 hours today. He got interrupted a few times, but he did spend most of the time tuning and rerunning the bike. But to me it was worth it, he spent a lot of time dialing in each area until they were right.
It wasn't cheap for the runs $300 for the day on the machine and his time.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was getting about 35mpg with the tune from dynojet. Now I am running a tune I have just adjusted on by sound and feel and its getting 43mpg.

He spent a bit of time getting my cruise circuit dialed in to help with saving fuel as well as getting the most out of the bike at those RPM's. I was appreciative that he was concerned about my normal commute speeds/RPM's so he could spend some extra time on those areas.
On the map I uploaded, on the 0 throttle position that are set at 30 now (starting around 2500 RPM), he said to bump all of those up to 40 or 50 if I find a lot of popping on decel. So far it's okay, nothing out of the normal, but definitely the nice rumble sound on decel now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
300 is not a bad price. I got quoted 350 here locally for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
$300 for a days worth of dyno tuning is a great price! I wanna have my machine tuned sometime this season, I installed the ejk with the setting they suggested and it runs much better fuel mpg even bumped up to 40 from 36ish.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would have never tried setting those first cells so high but i adjusted mine today and it took 99% of my decel popping out and it is way smoother coming on and off the throttle in the twisties now.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have never tried setting those first cells so high but i adjusted mine today and it took 99% of my decel popping out and it is way smoother coming on and off the throttle in the twisties now.
Awesome! I haven't ridden mine enough after the tune to know if I need to adjust or not. It seems okay to me. I used to get quite a bit of backfiring on decel if I got on the throttle hard and backed off quickly. My best mileage so far was from the dyno and he was hitting it pretty hard all day. It'll be interesting to see what improvements I see now. It wasn't stellar before the tune. Nowhere near what people on the forum were posting they are seeing.

Looking at the file I posted, I guess I should have changed the "notes" to read the correct exhaust and intake. We started from the one map and the notes didn't get saved.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay, another kick at the dyno today to help improve the cruise circuit. Original map was a little lean for city speeds and low RPM.
Here's the updated map from today.

If you are using the o2 optimizer with this set up, I uploaded a map here use this one as it's got the values in our cruise circuit to work with the optimizer and the PCV to drive the AFR to 13.6:1 :
http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/548722-post25.html

This map posted in this post is for use WITHOUT a o2 sensor or someone using just the resistor mod
This map may work for those that are NOT using the o2 optimizer that comes with the PCV. Only use this if you have eliminated your o2 sensor, or you are using just a resistor mod to your harness then this map may work for you.

June 21st map posted below will NOT work properly with the o2 optimizer installed. There are fuel values in the cruise range that will "fight" the optimizer and stock ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting these man, a lot of guys keep this kind of stuff to themselves. Much respect!
No problem, I'm all about helping and sharing this stuff. There isn't enough of these out there yet, the more we get the better it is for everyone. Even if one doesn't work for them, they can use it to build off of and create a map that works.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was still having some issues with my current set up. Albeit nowhere near what I had been experiencing.
Contacted Power Commander and have been working with their tech support.
The guy setting my bike up on the dyno took the o2 module to be an eliminator. But the PCV actually uses the o2 sensor for the cruise, closed loop circuit. The o2 module they include with the PCV is actually an o2 optimizer that will help the PCV/ECM adjust the cruise circuit fuel to 13.6:1 as needed.

I sent them the two maps created for me from the dyno and they've made an adjustment to one of the maps in the cruise circuit as well as some timing adjustment and sent it back. I don't have my bike today, so I can't load the map to try it. I'll load it tomorrow and then post it if it eliminates the problem. I've also asked a few more questions about the o2 sensor and optimizer and it's interaction with the PCV module.

For those altering their maps manually, the area controlled by the optimizer is 0-3000 RPM 0-20% throttle. The attachment below is from the manual in the PCV. They show 0's there, but the map they altered for me has all 10's listed there. In all of the maps you get from them for our bikes, that area is all 8's.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I was still having some issues with my current set up. Albeit nowhere near what I had been experiencing.
Contacted Power Commander and have been working with their tech support.
The guy setting my bike up on the dyno took the o2 module to be an eliminator. But the PCV actually uses the o2 sensor for the cruise, closed loop circuit. The o2 module they include with the PCV is actually an o2 optimizer that will help the PCV/ECM adjust the cruise circuit fuel to 13.6:1 as needed.

I sent them the two maps created for me from the dyno and they've made an adjustment to one of the maps in the cruise circuit as well as some timing adjustment and sent it back. I don't have my bike today, so I can't load the map to try it. I'll load it tomorrow and then post it if it eliminates the problem. I've also asked a few more questions about the o2 sensor and optimizer and it's interaction with the PCV module.

For those altering their maps manually, the area controlled by the optimizer is 0-3000 RPM 0-20% throttle. The attachment below is from the manual in the PCV. They show 0's there, but the map they altered for me has all 10's listed there. In all of the maps you get from them for our bikes, that area is all 8's.

I took the optimizer out and left it out.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took the optimizer out and left it out.
Thanks Miko, I am looking for as much info on this as I can get.
Did you leave your o2 sensor plugged in? resistor mod? remove the sensor?

I know you said you weren't 100% happy with your map. What do you find that you aren't liking? Is it a specific area?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Thanks Miko, I am looking for as much info on this as I can get.
Did you leave your o2 sensor plugged in? resistor mod? remove the sensor?

I know you said you weren't 100% happy with your map. What do you find that you aren't liking? Is it a specific area?
I have 2, one with the resistor mod and one without.... Another call out!

The resistor mod is BS.... works for about 20 miles then back to the same as it was.
seems like the resistor blew out but there is still continuity. dont know, not an electical ckt board engineer.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you tried running the bike without the o2 sensor hooked up? Totally unplugged, no resistor, no o2 optimizer.
The controller is supposed to 'trend' to 13.6 AFR with the o2 optimizer plugged into the loop with the o2 sensor and PCV.
If your map is like mine was, the area in the yellow in the attachment above adjusted, then having your 02 sensor plugged into the mix may be causing some of the issues.
We were seeing that on the dyno when he was trying to adjust the fuel on the cruise circuit, he'd make a fuel cell change and the bike would adjust for it. Until he moved the numbers way out of range, then the bike would hiccup and run lean or rich depending on the fuel adjustment. Mine has the supplied o2 optimizer plugged in.
I'm going to try the map from dynojet and if that doesn't help, I'll unplug the o2 sensor and run the map that was done on the dyno. Problem is, that map is probably not 100% accurate because the adjustments were made with the optimizer working in the loop.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts