Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Have you tried running the bike without the o2 sensor hooked up? Totally unplugged, no resistor, no o2 optimizer.
The controller is supposed to 'trend' to 13.6 AFR with the o2 optimizer plugged into the loop with the o2 sensor and PCV.
If your map is like mine was, the area in the yellow in the attachment above adjusted, then having your 02 sensor plugged into the mix may be causing some of the issues.
We were seeing that on the dyno when he was trying to adjust the fuel on the cruise circuit, he'd make a fuel cell change and the bike would adjust for it. Until he moved the numbers way out of range, then the bike would hiccup and run lean or rich depending on the fuel adjustment. Mine has the supplied o2 optimizer plugged in.
I'm going to try the map from dynojet and if that doesn't help, I'll unplug the o2 sensor and run the map that was done on the dyno. Problem is, that map is probably not 100% accurate because the adjustments were made with the optimizer working in the loop.

PM me your email if you want to try my map, I would like to try yours.

·
Registered
705 Posts
PM me your email if you want to try my map, I would like to try yours.
thought you had a super secret 100 HP map, mikoloe? ;p

Sent from my Galaxy S5.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
thought you had a super secret 100 HP map, mikoloe? ;p

Sent from my Galaxy S5.
Not a secret bud, All you had to do is ask... I believe I was a quagmire short of 100HP. none the less, still the fastest... My Buddy WES has to agree. Course he has a FATHEAD HD now. he might be able to take me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not a secret bud, All you had to do is ask... I believe I was a quagmire short of 100HP. none the less, still the fastest... My Buddy WES has to agree. Course he has a FATHEAD HD now. he might be able to take me.
I don't have a power commander. just wanted to give you some s**t lol

Sent from my Galaxy S5.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Here's the map that was updated by the Tech at Power Commander. He added some timing advance to stop decel pop and backfire. He also added the values for the 0-20% throttle and 0-3000 RPM cruise circuit.
Bike seems to take this quite well. I cannot get it to show the lean condition at all, no matter how much I push it to chug.

This map is for use with the PCV o2 optimizer installed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As stupid simple mistakes go.......I have my PCV hooked up opposite of everyone else. My cylinder 1 is my rear cylinder and not the front like it's supposed to be. So the previous maps I uploaded wouldn't work properly for anyone unless they made the same mistake I did. I'm in the process of rectifying my stupid hookup mistake.
In the meantime, I took the liberty to remove the incorrect maps I uploaded and uploaded new maps representing the correct cylinder 1 being the front cylinder. So anyone that downloaded a map, may want to download it again.
For those using the o2 optimizer supplied with the PCV, Freedom Performance pipes, this post has the updated map from Power Commander with the correct cylinder location
http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/16...edom-performance-s-s-intake-3.html#post548722

If you are running with no o2 sensor or a resistor mod, you may have better luck with this map
http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/543938-post12.html

Sorry about the mix-up and any headaches this may have caused anyone trying the maps. Definitely a rookie error and I just don't want to cloud the issues around this anymore. I've changed all three files I originally uploaded. The only change is the mapping being reversed to correct for an incorrect setup on my part.

·
8,690 Posts
Yea- kind of misleading with those injectors. Front Cylinder injector is the rearmost injector which angles into the front intake. And vice versa for rear injector.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yea- kind of misleading with those injectors. Front Cylinder injector is the rearmost injector which angles into the front intake. And vice versa for rear injector.
And if I could only read........hook the connection with the orange wire to the wire labelled #1
DOH!
I feel like an idiot, but I felt it necessary to make sure and correct it here on the forum.

·
8,690 Posts
Hey Rusty- I did the same with my first hookup other than I got lucky and caught it before I set tank back down. I wonder how many tuners have been hooked up backward over the years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2, one with the resistor mod and one without.... Another call out!

The resistor mod is BS.... works for about 20 miles then back to the same as it was.
seems like the resistor blew out but there is still continuity. dont know, not an electical ckt board engineer.
Hello, Miko,
Could you get me your maps, especially with o2 sensor unpluged...

[email protected]

What is your exhaust and intake on this map?

Thanks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts