Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ivan's flash. He recommends freedom performance sharp curve pipes over cobra seepy or drag. I trust him to recommend pipes with most gains, but can anyone tell me why the freedom performance is that much better.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
They move a lot of air. The FP pipes basically have torque cones and some minimal baffling on them -some "grating type material around the ID of the pipe, no internal restriction) (very little restriction). Which also equals louder. They do sell another set of baffles for the FP pipes if the noise is too much for you. Don't know what they are like.
The Cobra pipes will have a bit more restriction to them. I doubt that any of us would actually notice the gains from the difference in the two pipes.
I say, go with what you like in the way of looks and let those performance gains impress you over stock.
Because anything would be better than stock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for response. I found on a raider forum that the two pipes are actually connected on raider. If they are for stryker, it should act as a 2 into 1. I can see see more gains there. Either way, I found them on discount under 600. They are on the way. Cobra power flo, pipes, and flashed ecu should be at the house around end of week. YAY!!!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Thanks for response. I found on a raider forum that the two pipes are actually connected on raider. If they are for stryker, it should act as a 2 into 1. I can see see more gains there. Either way, I found them on discount under 600. They are on the way. Cobra power flo, pipes, and flashed ecu should be at the house around end of week. YAY!!!!!
There is a cross-over pipe/connection on the Freedom Performance pipes. You should get a bung fitting for the O2 sensor you won't be installing in your new pipes. Nice to be able to do that while the pipes are off.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can't tell you much about the science behind the FP sharp curves, but I have them on my bike. Man do they sound great, and they're a massive improvement over the OEM pipes. I ride in northern VA/DC/southern Maryland, and drivers there just suck. Not paying attention at all, on their phones over half the time. The volume of my pipes has saved my butt more than enough times to pay for themselves.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the looks. From what I've heard so far I'll like the sound. The loud pipes save lives is a definite plus. I've got a stebel nautilus too. Actually had a locomotive answer back with his horn the other day just messing around. Does a great job helping keep em in their lane.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You will need the 02 bung plug as Ivan doesn't use the 02 sensor for his tune and specifically says to remove the o2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts