Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,132 Posts
Do you have a fuel programmer on it? Running O2 sensor? Smell of running Rich? These are fuel injected and there is no adjustment screws. You can access CO mode and control the first 1/8” throttle position by decreasing the pulse (less fuel) of the injectors or if popping occurs you can increase pulse (add fuel). But it only affects first 1/8th throttle. The crank position sensor is what controls the pulse of the injectors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The bike is stock. O2 sensor is still intact. Popping occurs because of the cobra slip on. It smells like a bit rich (bit..ch) lol. Well I saw two screws (one flat screw on each side) and have been playing with them but the fuel consumption is still the same. What is the value of the CO mode?

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,132 Posts
Here is some info for you.

·
Registered
2014 Stryker
19 Posts
The bike is stock. O2 sensor is still intact. Popping occurs because of the cobra slip on. It smells like a bit rich (bit..ch) lol. Well I saw two screws (one flat screw on each side) and have been playing with them but the fuel consumption is still the same. What is the value of the CO mode?
If their the two screws I'm assuming they are opposite of each other on each side of the throttle bodies (one towards the front and the other facing the rear if sitting on the bike) they adjust the vacuum level of each throttle body in order to SYNC the throttle bodies.

Personally I have found that a lot of decel popping and any sputtering can be remedied just by having perfectly synced throttle bodies. It does help to add a little fuel as many will agree but in my case I got rid of 90% of decel popping by properly syncing the throttle bodies

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU (Her name is Foxy 2.0)
27 Posts
You check the air filter? Wouldn’t explain the issue entirely but when mine gets super clogged up it takes me from ~38mpg to ~32mpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts