Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Earlier today my battery crapped out while getting gas. I was able to jump start the bike and ride it home, but it was rough as the battery wasn't recharging properly. It idled rough, the lights flashed at stoplights, the check engine light would blink, and the spedometer would bounce. Occasionally, it looked like the bike was restarting while I was driving (the spedometer would bounce all the way to the right and all the lights would flash). I got it home and replaced the battery. It starts right up and idles fine, so it really seems to be a dead battery issue. However when I cycled through the clock, the trip meters, the total mileage, and the gas guage, everything seems good (all numbers visible) until the gas guage. That one is all messed up. Has anyone seen that before? Will it reset itself when I ride, or is something fried?

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
820 Posts
That doesnt look like it will fix itself. I would try to remove battery for at least 15 minutes or overnight. Reconnect and see if display is correct. Otherwise i believe you may need to find a replacement.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesnt look like it will fix itself. I would try to remove battery for at least 15 minutes or overnight. Reconnect and see if display is correct. Otherwise i believe you may need to find a replacement.
I'm hoping it's not going to need a replacement. All the other functions operate normally, it's only the gas guage function. I will cross my fingers. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I just wanted to give an update. I took it out for a ride today, the first one since replacing the battery. I had the gas guage displayted so I could watch it to see what happens. Within the first 2 minutes of the ride the display changed that nonsense pattern about 5-10 times and then went back to displaying the gas guage as normal. So apparently it reset itself! I did not end up unplugging the battery as suggested, not becaus eit wasn't a good idea or suggestion, but because I kept forgetting to do so.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts