Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st 2nd gear are very sluggish...almost like running on 1 cylinder. Then 3rd gear about 45mph all power kicks back in and bike is fine. Is this a tuner issue? I have slip on exhaust and intake. Would Ivans flash fix this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you pulled plugs and inspected them? You can also try seafoam. 4 ounces or half a cup of seafoam and a full tank of gas.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
915 Posts
I do not believe Ivan’s flash would cure your issue. It sounds like you may have a faulty coil or plug. It could be as simple as loose coil wire. I always put a fresh new set of plugs in every spring, this also lets me see what inside the motor is doing according to plug color. If you haven’t downloaded the service manual I do that, and start at troubleshooting the coils,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pulled the plugs. I also checked wiring. All seems good. Plugs are below

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
915 Posts
To me the top one looks leaner than the bottom ( due to reddish tint) . I am no master mechanic but if you do not get Ivan’s Flash once you figure out this issue, I would defined search “CO mode”. A few of us have increased the fuel to help this issue using this mod. What it does is increase or decrease the length of time the injectors are open, thus allowing more or less fuel, it’s only good up to 1/8 throttle but works to help with lean conditions from adding aftermarket exhaust /air cleaner.
Again I have used this myself before the flash with good results. ( this isn’t going to cure your issue however) I’d start with new set of plugs if coils check out ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to get the flash done since its always been on the list. Hopefully the flash and new plugs will point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I ran the seafoam through it and it runs flawlessly now. 1st and 2nd gear is nice and smooth other than the low rpm bucking these bikes are known for. And seafoam is cheap.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
915 Posts
Now this sounds like clogged injector! Sea foam is great stuff it’s what I use for my winter treatment while she sleeps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts