Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just needed some help with my 2015 Yamaha Stryker. I just got the bike about 2 years ago at 7k miles (she has 9k currently). I've done upgrades to her, I have the Kuryakyn Velociraptor air intake, Freedom Performance Combat 2 into 1 exhaust, and I put the Cobra FI2000R on, that is everything I have done so far. Currently, I've been experiencing my bike not starting when it is hot. She starts, first time (cold start) every time. Then, once I've taken a 15 minute ride (stop to get gas/turn the bike off) or once she has been running idling for awhile, the bike just wants to shut off and not start. I've noticed that once it shuts down from being so hot, the fuel pump does not engage when I turn the kill switch off, to start the bike. I'm just wondering if anyone could help me find out, what may be causing this? Would it be a relay? The whole fuel pump assembly? I've pulled off my main gas tank and have it striped down to where I can remove my sub-tank easily, just would like an opinion on what to try from here. The battery is getting enough voltage to start the bike, I know it has to be something with my fuel pump/fuel, but I'm not a mechanic. I guess that's why we all come here? Thank you for your time and any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, I just needed some help with my 2015 Yamaha Stryker. I just got the bike about 2 years ago at 7k miles (she has 9k currently). I've done upgrades to her, I have the Kuryakyn Velociraptor air intake, Freedom Performance Combat 2 into 1 exhaust, and I put the Cobra FI2000R on, that is everything I have done so far. Currently, I've been experiencing my bike not starting when it is hot. She starts, first time (cold start) every time. Then, once I've taken a 15 minute ride (stop to get gas/turn the bike off) or once she has been running idling for awhile, the bike just wants to shut off and not start. I've noticed that once it shuts down from being so hot, the fuel pump does not engage when I turn the kill switch off, to start the bike. I'm just wondering if anyone could help me find out, what may be causing this? Would it be a relay? The whole fuel pump assembly? I've pulled off my main gas tank and have it striped down to where I can remove my sub-tank easily, just would like an opinion on what to try from here. The battery is getting enough voltage to start the bike, I know it has to be something with my fuel pump/fuel, but I'm not a mechanic. I guess that's why we all come here? Thank you for your time and any help is greatly appreciated!
Had same problem about same miles, had to replace the pump. Warranty didn't want to cover it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts