Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I am very excited to bring you this new part for our Stryker . . .

I have been brewing this idea for a year now, and finally was able to make it happen.

I call it "HOLY SHIFT"! :):):)

I have worked through a series of prototypes, testing and finally this is the real deal product.

It consists of two brackets with two threaded holes each (5/16"-24) to which you attach two of my new peg called "Revolution Peg".

You will have 1 peg under your foot and another above it, so all you do is slightly move your foot up or down!

These brackets are slotted and secured to the shifter lever by a 5/16"-24 bolt.

The brackets allow you to continuously adjust the distance between pegs, while you can also adjust the angle of the whole assembly, and further adjustment is achieved by choosing one of the threaded holes in each bracket.

The pegs are not just any peg . . . they are not fixed (static) . . . they are mounted on precision bearings, allowing them to rotate freely when in contact with your shoe, virtually eliminating friction. For the brake peg there are no bearings, for safety reasons.

These pieces are CNC cut, billet aluminum, except for the spindle of the pegs which is made of Stainless Steel.

In the next couple of days I will post pictures of the 4 different styles (plain, slotted, knurled, and holes) and colors available - from chrome to black and almost any color in between.

You can buy just the brackets and use any ISO peg on the market or get the full experience with the Revolution peg. You can also just buy the Revolution peg alone.

Once you use this you will never go back to a regular shifter! The force needed to operate the shifter is dramatically reduced, you shift faster and easier. Your Stryker will shift like a Cadillac with HOLY SHIFT, no kidding!

You will be able to set up your shifter in a perfect position, regardless of forward controls, lowered seats, leg length, foot/shoe size, etc.

And if you think that you don't need it because you are fine using the regular shifter . . . wait till you try this baby!

You will need to mod the shift lever by chopping the little shaft and open a 5/6"-24 thread on it.

I will be soon offering a super cool billet shift lever too.

I am so very happy with it! I have a US patent pending on it, and I hope you guys see what I have here, and what my friends tried and got bananas about!

I'll post a video soon!

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Interesting twist to the ol' heel toe shifter. Nice job. Looking forward to your future posts.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting twist to the ol' heel toe shifter. Nice job. Looking forward to your future posts.
Hey Strykeback,

Thanks for checking it.

It differs from the heel/toe primarily for the fact that you still have to "fetch" for the shifter with a heel/toe, and often requires your whole leg to move back and forth;

Also the range of adjustments (which you don't have with the H/T) is truly amazing . . . it can be set-up in any type of bike, it goes with forward control and other mods.

The best part of it is this: we all have different bodies, leg lengths, foot size, etc. We are always adapting to the bike. Instead, this adapts the shifter to you.

You basically can just lay your foot in your most relaxed position and just slightly move it up and down to shift. It is so intuitive that all the people that tested it felt immediately at ease with it, with no stutter . . . It just makes sense!

Anyway . . . rambling here . . . It is the excitement!

Tnx again!

Cheers!

·
Registered
781 Posts
This looks amazing...I am seriously impressed. Between this and the seat you are working on, it makes me proud to know we that we have people bringing professional grade products to the table for our bike. Can't wait to see the video!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really like the idea of it, any issues with the foot resting on top of the downshift while you're just cruising? I typically keep my foot underneath the shifter while cruising just because I don't want to accidentally have it kick into a lower gear. What kind of price point are you looking at for this?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Amazing craftsmanship!!! Do you have a release date and asking price? Great work

·
8,693 Posts
Great Job Mr.G!! I'm impressed to say the least. I still like my floorboards though and I bet this would work with them also!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great Job Mr.G!! I'm impressed to say the least. I still like my floorboards though and I bet this would work with them also!
+1 on the floorboards, curious as to how it works with them.....lol i can see myself accidentally resting my foot on the floorboards and downshifting :frown:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys . . . Thank you very much everyone for all the nice words! This is what keeps me going forward!

I just got back from the shop . . . I brought home one more design and the two others will be here at the latest early next week. Today I have the knurled one. I'll have some pictures later this eve.

I will start working on the video . . . for sure video ready next week.

Prices: I'm working with the shop on the final price . . . but I can tell you it will be very competitive.

Availability: I believe I will be ready for orders by next week or the following.

The shop manufacturing it is a high end shop that does precision military work for the government, so they are very busy, but the owner is excited about the project and is giving me priority time. In the beginning everything is harder, until you are able to order a certain quantity, but I'm being very lucky: I'm getting a top notch shop with willingness to work on my initial small runs.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really like the idea of it, any issues with the foot resting on top of the downshift while you're just cruising? I typically keep my foot underneath the shifter while cruising just because I don't want to accidentally have it kick into a lower gear. What kind of price point are you looking at for this?
I would like to see a video as well. I don't quite see where the foot goes. In between the pegs?
Hey Montani, Yamayates and BrettRTR . . . Thanks for asking . . .

No problems at all with unintended shifting ...

This is one of the best features of the system. It allows you to position the upshifting peg higher and the downshift peg lower, instead of having one peg half-way. Beacuse the normal shift peg position is not optimal neither for upshifting or downshifting, while cruising, we have to keep "avoiding it" . . . we all do it in one way or another - foot sideways, under the shifter etc.

But think about the brake peg . . . it sits at an optimal position for braking, under your foot. You don't have to keep avoiding it, right? Neither do you worry about braking inadvertently, right?

The same happens with HolyShift. Because you have two pegs, each dedicated to 1 function only and positioned optimally for it, it get super comfortable and natural.

All you need to do is to let your foot go naturally to its most comfortable position, relax and enjoy the ride. You will have 1 peg under and 1 peg over your foot, always ready to go.

Also your foot is NOT trapped in between pegs. so you can move it around, or avoid the pegs altogether, if you want to.

Peace!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice! Def got my interest piqued. After the accident and rehab, anything to make shifting easier sounds good. Prices?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey BrettRTR . . . One of the guys at the shop rides a cruiser too. He had an accident when he was a kid and his left foot has minimal range of motion, which makes shifting a hard thing to do.

I had him try it and he was blown away! The shop owner is gifting him one set.
He said it made riding a completely different experience for him!

I confess that this is nothing I thought about when I started it, but I was very happy to realize that it will make people's lives easier on a bike! :):):)

Peace!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1 on the floorboards, curious as to how it works with them.....lol i can see myself accidentally resting my foot on the floorboards and downshifting :frown:
Hey 11 and DJ . . . Thanks again for all the kind words and support!

I have to say that I'm not sure if you would benefit from the whole assembly with floorboards . . . Because it is designed to have 1 peg sit under your foot.

The pegs alone, for sure, because they are really sweet, and just roll on top of your foot, without the friction.

On the other hand, I venture to say that a regular foot peg with the whole assembly is more comfortable than a floorboard. This is my reasoning for saying this (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

The angle of the floorboard is always the same: flat. This kinda forces you to keep your foot always at the same angle, which is slightly flexed downwards. For me (I have another bike here with floorboards) one a first moment, having the foot flat on it feels good, but as the ride extends, I feel like my feet get tired.

It is certainly more comfy than a regular setup. But with Holy Shift I feel more comfortable than with floorboards because I can enjoy the same relaxed position for shifting, but at the same time, have the ability to flex my foot against the foot peg in different positions, and release some of the fatigue.

This is very personal though . . . The only other thing that I can see is that using the brackets with only the top peg would give you a great range of adjustment that you don't have without it. Not the full effect, but maybe still worth trying!

Peace!
:):):)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This looks amazing...I am seriously impressed. Between this and the seat you are working on, it makes me proud to know we that we have people bringing professional grade products to the table for our bike. Can't wait to see the video!
Man, Thank you for all the support! Video coming soon! Peace, bro!
:):):)

1 - 20 of 572 Posts