Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Garage or shed? Help please

Garage or shed? How to built a shed...Help please GOT IT!! :)

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  mavros1413 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I have my bike outside in my back yard locked up with a gate but I don't have a garage and I have it covered with a cover but when it rains it gets wet... :(
Does anyone know a good shed or how to built a shed?

SHE IT IS :)

#2 ·
Re: Garage or shed? How to built a shed...Help please

Is garage an option? Garages are nice.

Google knows how to build an awesome shed. I put together a plan for one a couple years back, it was going to cost me at least $1500 building it from scratch. Didn't end up building it though.

#3 ·

Mentat said:
Is garage an option? Garages are nice.

Google knows how to build an awesome shed. I put together a plan for one a couple years back, it was going to cost me at least $1500 building it from scratch. Didn't end up building it though.
I can't put a garage because here in Ny you need permits and all this bs lol
So I might be making a shed but I'm wondering if there's any good ones out there that are cheap.

#4 ·

mavros1413 said:
Hey guys so I have my bike outside in my back yard locked up with a gate but I don't have a garage and I have it covered with a cover but when it rains it gets wet... :(
mavros1413 said:
Garage or Shed...I have been working on my shed for awhile now. I see a shed as a small structure to hold one or a couple things and a garage as a large structure to hold everything that doesn't fit in the house, lol. My shed is 8 feet wide 12 feet long, 6 feet on low side and 7 1/2 feet on the high side. I didn't go all out on building materials as you can see by the roof panels but so far it has cost me about half the cost of a pre-built kit and is sturdier in my opinion. It isn't complete yet but so far I have spent less then $600 and the bike fits nicely in it. I designed the shed based off what I saw at the local Lowe's. The whole shed is made with treated wood, 2x4x8's, 2x4x10's, 3/4 inch sheets for floor and 1/2 sheets for walls. I have some family coming over this weekend to hopefully finish it up, putting a door and a ramp in. You can do a search for "how to build a shed" and you should come up with a bunch of sites.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

#5 ·

Visionary said:
mavros1413 said:
mavros1413 said:
Garage or Shed...I have been working on my shed for awhile now. I see a shed as a small structure to hold one or a couple things and a garage as a large structure to hold everything that doesn't fit in the house, lol. My shed is 8 feet wide 12 feet long, 6 feet on low side and 7 1/2 feet on the high side. I didn't go all out on building materials as you can see by the roof panels but so far it has cost me about half the cost of a pre-built kit and is sturdier in my opinion. It isn't complete yet but so far I have spent less then $600 and the bike fits nicely in it. I designed the shed based off what I saw at the local Lowe's. The whole shed is made with treated wood, 2x4x8's, 2x4x10's, 3/4 inch sheets for floor and 1/2 sheets for walls. I have some family coming over this weekend to hopefully finish it up, putting a door and a ramp in. You can do a search for "how to build a shed" and you should come up with a bunch of sites.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[/quote]

WOW VISIONARY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

That is awesome!!

#6 ·

You may need to check the building codes anyway, especially since your in Brooklyn. In my area if your shed/building is 8x10 or smaller you don't need a permit but anything over that you do. I didn't get a permit, around here as long as your neighbors don't blow you in for it youre good to go,lol.

#8 ·
#9 ·

I used to have one of these and it worked awesome.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_383009-75128-60042_4294778104_4294937087_?productId=3612276&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Sheds%2BOutdoor%2BStorage_4294778104_4294937087_%3FgoToProdList%3Dtrue%26Ns%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

#11 ·

What about a portable garage...the ones with the tube frames and a full tarp cover with roll up door. I use one for storing my boat wintertime. I've checked under it in the dead of winter with three feet of snow outside and the grass inside was still showing.

#14 ·

Ordered a shed last week and it came yest.... put it together today :) so happy i dont have to cover it anymore!! its a 12x12x8 it only cost me $280 shipped!! :)

Attachments

#18 ·

stroguy said:
Good looking shed you got. I just saw this post or I would have recommended a large doghouse also. Just over size the plans for height and width. Doghouses can get you past most building codes.
Thank you!! WOW a huge dog house would of been a great idea!! didnt pass my mind!!! :eek:

#20 ·

WLFPAK65 said:
You should get something like this
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/fod/3037166062.html
im looking around for one saw a guy selling his for $900 but he never responded ??????? but thats what im shooting for so i can eventually tow it when i need to???
Thats perfect when you need to tow ;) i think im good with what i got :)
Thanks man!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.