Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Seriously? She is thirteen and my son is 11. She is old enough to baby sit other kids and he never asked their ages. It's not like I left a 5 year old at home plus my wife was 10 minutes away. Jeeze guess I need to edit that out cause I am not sure I really said they were alone, just figured i would share an experience but I regret it now.

Seriously? She is thirteen and my son is 11. She is old enough to baby sit other kids and he never asked their ages. It's not like I left a 5 year old at home plus my wife was 10 minutes away. Jeeze guess I need to edit that out cause I am not sure I really said they were alone, just figured i would share an experience but I regret it now.

Whooaa dude slow down. I'm not judging, just making a joke. Sorry if anyone misconstrued my comment.

Well that sucks. Aren't you supposed to get just a fix it ticket for expired tags and have a chance to fix it especially if you were out of the country for an extended period of time. Come on. Makes me wonder who they work for anymore.
I don't know about Cali, but here on the east side of town, expired tags=unregistered, and if they want they can tow and impound your vehicle. If it is faulty equipment (TS, muffler, etc) they will usually issue a "fix-it ticket", but they could also hand you a citation if they wanted, because you are supposed to make sure your vehicle is street legal at all times.

I've been riding at night with either my blue or red LEDs on for just under a year. I've even taken turns in front of, or pulled out in front of State Troopers and Sheriffs. Nothing. A couple times it was obvious enough where I was thinking "It was fun while it lasted, but I'm totally getting pulled over." And they'd look right at me and keep going.

About a month ago, that all changed. Lol. I finally got pulled over by Ocala PD. (About 90 miles from where I live.) They were totally cool about it and said I could run any color lights I wanted besides red or blue and just gave me a verbal warning. Told them they were the first cops to pull me over in a year. Guess it's just a matter of finding that ONE cop who has nothing better to do.

I stopping running blue, but I still run my red around town. ;)

Ca V C Section 24953 Turn Signal Lamps

Turn Signal Lamps

24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the rear.

(b) Side-mounted turn signal lamps projecting a flashing amber light to either side may be used to supplement the front and rear turn signals. Side-mounted turn signal lamps mounted to the rear of the center of the vehicle may project a flashing red light no part of which shall be visible from the front.

(c) In addition to any required turn signal lamps, any vehicle may be equipped with supplemental rear turn signal lamps mounted to the rear of the rearmost portion of the driver's seat in its rearmost position.

(d) In addition to any required or authorized turn signal lamps, any vehicle may be equipped with supplemental rear turn signal lamps that are mounted on, or are an integral portion of, the outside rearview mirrors, so long as the lamps flash simultaneously with the rear turn signal lamps, the light emitted from the lamps is projected only to the rear of the vehicle and is not visible to the driver under normal operating conditions, except for a visual indicator designed to allow monitoring of lamp operation, and the lamps do not project a glaring light.

Amended Ch. 207, Stats. 1994. Effective July 18, 1994.
Amended Sec. 22, Ch. 945, Stats. 1997. Effective January 1, 1998.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Ca V C Section 24953 Turn Signal Lamps

Turn Signal Lamps

24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the rear.

(b) Side-mounted turn signal lamps projecting a flashing amber light to either side may be used to supplement the front and rear turn signals. Side-mounted turn signal lamps mounted to the rear of the center of the vehicle may project a flashing red light no part of which shall be visible from the front.

(c) In addition to any required turn signal lamps, any vehicle may be equipped with supplemental rear turn signal lamps mounted to the rear of the rearmost portion of the driver's seat in its rearmost position.

(d) In addition to any required or authorized turn signal lamps, any vehicle may be equipped with supplemental rear turn signal lamps that are mounted on, or are an integral portion of, the outside rearview mirrors, so long as the lamps flash simultaneously with the rear turn signal lamps, the light emitted from the lamps is projected only to the rear of the vehicle and is not visible to the driver under normal operating conditions, except for a visual indicator designed to allow monitoring of lamp operation, and the lamps do not project a glaring light.

Amended Ch. 207, Stats. 1994. Effective July 18, 1994.
Amended Sec. 22, Ch. 945, Stats. 1997. Effective January 1, 1998.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
So no go for green. Maybe white. Thank you for the information.

I use white led wraps from chrome glow. I ordered amber but they sent white so I just went with them. I dont think there's any problem with it
White is fine in Texas

Excerpt: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/txmclaws.htm#Chapter 2

(d) A turn signal lamp shall emit:

(1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle; or

(2) a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.