Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Greeting others on two wheels

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  bozzly 
#1 ·
I think we all know about the politics, can't think of a better word, that sometimes goes along with riding. Harley dudes don't like imports, crotch rockets don't like cruisers and vice versa... Certain cats won't throw you a greeting back if you throw one out there. So this got me to thinking do you guys greet:

* 1%ers
* harley drivers
* crotch rockets
* scooters
* trikes
* motorcycle cops

Thanks!

#4 ·
If it's got two wheels, I wave at 'em. Well, three if it's a trike. :p

#7 ·
SCHIMBO said:
I wave to everyone and have always gotten it back. Scooters, crotch rockets
X2

I especially enjoy wavin' at young people on scooters/ring dings, these guys don't expect much from the "big" bike riders, but seem thrilled when ya do acknowledge them. I was thrilled in 1972 when a HD Electra Glide guy waved at me, on my Suzuki 90 Enduro (my 1st bike), so I like to pass that thrill along if I can.

2 wheels is better than no wheels

Ride Loud - Ride Proud

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

#9 ·
dang guys ..... now I fell all like an a$$#0L3,...... guess I better start waving to the scooter riders too then .... lmao ;)
j/k

I rarely pass scooters...... or oddly enough,..motorcycle cops either, but I wave to everyone I pass nonetheless. I do like wavin' to the scoots though cause the few that I have passed and waved to seemed to be caught off guard and not knowing exactly how to wave back.... :eek: *newbie wavers* lol ;)

#11 ·
i always drop a pair of dutchess everytime i pass someone. yea.. there's some people that dont waive/or drop the two wheels to the ground.. but if i stop how about someone does, and i dont.. you know pay it back not forward. lol.

also. but.. most definately i never waive at anyone waiving at me in their car or truck.. sorry.. :)

#14 ·
Well I'm starting to feel a little like a PR...#$@% now. Thanks alot :D

I have different waves, for different bikes, buy I'm starting to think I'm going to have to change to the wave for all.

I know some of you will ask, so here is/was my wave list.

Harley's, Cruzers...Low hand out (7 O'clock). Touring bikes (Gold Wings), Beamers... hand out straight (9 O'clock).
Crotch Rockets and Spiders... Wave just of Grip. Scooters....only if they would wave first. ::)

#15 ·
I waved at everyone when I had my crotch rocket, and still do. I have to say the scooters are the funniest though. They're like '... hunh? Who me?...' and kind of look around. With the Stryker it's harder for the snobs to recognize that it's a metric so sometimes I get a half a**ed wave. Will never understand them... LOL

#16 ·
MYLIFE, very nice! that's an astute approach as i've heard! lol the guys on scoots sometimes aren't even looking for it so they don't wave back.

and Crazy, what if the guy rides but he just happens to be in his truck cartin his kids around? this happens to me sometimes. i'll be picking the kids up from grandma's and a group of like 3 bikes will pass from the other direction i normally will throw a peace out there while i'm holding the wheel

#17 ·
yep, like most I wave at all folks on 2 wheels, even those dam bicyclists. I used to get waved at when I'd be riding my little 60cc minibike down the side of the road. I asked my dad why all the bikers waved at me and he told me it was a sign of respect and to make sure I give it back. ****, that was 35 yrs ago. I always love to see the little kids on their minibikes and scooters, half of em almost ditch it trying to wave back they get so excited.

#20 ·
StrykenShane said:
i waved at a guy and his gal the other day and he waved and she flashed me a nice set of D's, almost ditched it! hahahaha
Now that is a **** of a way to wave to someone. Here's to hoping i get one of those soon. ;D

I wave to everyone, but it does get under my skin when riders dont even attempt to wave back and it is not the harley guys, they always wave, it's the midlife crisis guys that never seem to wave... No offense midlife ;)

#21 ·
I wave at everyone on two wheels, even the Cops. I dont always get waves back, but then I remember sometimes I get too rapped up in my own crap while riding and do not notice a bike coming or even waving at me until it is to late. They probably thought I was being a snob too, but just didnt see them. Yeh, there are many that dont wave because they think their better or something, but I dont worry about those types.

#23 ·
People wave back because the stryker is a bad@@@ bike, and with all the work you guys are putting into them, they are that much better. Where I live is a haven for 1%rs, bike cops, scooters, and eveything else you can ride, most wave but some have a stick up their a@@.

#24 ·
I always wave at cops, and it's typically because I'm going ALOT faster than I should be and am kissing their ass so they wont pull me over!!!
I'll wave at most everyone, two wheels or four, if they wave first.
I'll always throw two down at other bikes, no matter the style, as we're all on the same freedom-ride!!
Lastly, I reserve special waves for dumbasses when I pass them: sometimes it's the classic tapping of my helmet telling them to use their head ... sometimes its a slight pause at the drivers window as I pass, raise my visor and give them the "I'm watching you" gesture, then blow their doors off ... and one I've really enjoyed lately, for dump truck drivers and others with crap coming out of or off of their vehicles, I'll make sure I have their attention, raise myself up on the pegs, and "adjust myself" in their direction .... hahaha .. rude, but it gets my point across.

#25 ·
Air said:
and one I've really enjoyed lately, for dump truck drivers and others with crap coming out of or off of their vehicles, I'll make sure I have their attention, raise myself up on the pegs, and "adjust myself" in their direction .... hahaha .. rude, but it gets my point across.
That's Great, I will have to remember that one, wonder if I can do this without dropping the shiny side of my bike? :p

#26 ·
Bozz, it takes skill and determination ... and a little stupidity!!! I suffer from road-rage-like tendencies, and have been very well behaved on my bike, since that kind of behavior only ends in disaster on two wheels, but sometimes you just have to express your displeasure!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.