Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my stock handle bars on my 2012 stryker and would like to have some input on a good riding set of bars. Thanks in advance for your wisdom

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have bars from FMB choppers. They are 12' apes with 2" risers. Bars are well made and seems very strong. Mine are powdered black from them and that came out very nice with no rough spots or blemishes anywhere. They make them specifically for the Stryker with a built in mount for the speedometer. I see a lot more people swapping out their bars lately and they have been using mirror mounts as the mounts for the speedo (search the forum or on facebook). You may get better opinions if you tell us what type of bars you are thinking about. Apes, beach bars, t-bars, etc. With most of what you will find out there you will need to look into risers as well. the typical risers made for a Harley will not work on our bike because the mounting holes on the triple trees are different, so you will need the right bolts. LA Choppers has the bolts here.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/LA_Choppers_Handlebar_Risers_Mounting_Bolts_1_2_p/lac-risers-studs.htm

My risers are also from LA Choppers. The choice is yours as to what style and height you want, unless you want to get the one piece top clamps, then your choices are limited to risers with a 100mm spread or you will have to get 3.5" 100mm conversion tops.

My bars are 12" high and although most will say its not necessary, I got all new cables and wiring to make sure nothing was getting stretched too far and since I wanted to run my control wiring through the bars, I extended all of them by about 6" or so.

In the end do some searching for what style you want and take into consideration all the factors above. I am sure others here will chime in with other suggestions or to correct anything I may have mis-stated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million will check out LA Choppers. I put a nacelle headlight kit on so the speedo wont be an issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new bars

I made my own from 1.5" steam pipe 4mm wall section
used the riser section from original bars and also bar ends

I plug welded the risers into the uprights and got 7" rise ,4" up then lay back of 20 deg then another 3 " up.

Bars are 840 mm wide from end to end with 210 middle section and 30 deg lay back to achieve the bar width

think they came up really good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I made my own from 1.5" steam pipe 4mm wall section
used the riser section from original bars and also bar ends

I plug welded the risers into the uprights and got 7" rise ,4" up then lay back of 20 deg then another 3 " up.

Bars are 840 mm wide from end to end with 210 middle section and 30 deg lay back to achieve the bar width

think they came up really good.
Those are nice looking bars. You did a great job on them, fit, function and aesthetically they are nice. I am partial to that style of bar and had wished the Stryker speedo would have been put somewhere else to open up our options. You did a great job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you show me the speedo mount little bit closer??? That style is exactly what I want to modify my stryker! well I might giving it more height though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts