Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's mine.. been on there nearly 2 weeks. I'll let you know when it crashes if the rest of my parts don't get here soon.
Haha awesome! Definitely boosts my confidence in the lift. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How have you guys found this jack fits on the frame? I returned a jack that had rails that were only 13.5" long and they seemed to barely fit under the frame. I was not comfortable with the stability. Interested in your comments.

·
Registered
319 Posts
In my opinion, it's okay. I wouldn't mind if the arms were a little bit longer because the first few times I used it I had to play with it a little to get it where I felt it was centered and supported well. But they are long enough to fully support the bike fine and if you use straps to tie the bike to the lift it's stable enough to do pretty much anything you want.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mine fits on there perfectly. It's a lifesaver during bike work. My rails fit securely under the bike. It sits in place while i'm working away on it.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
822 Posts
I use a piece of 18x18 plywood across the legs as they just barely touch frame to frame been doing it for few years now no issues. I also use it for the tractor, quads. Doesn't roll easy loaded but its sturdy I don't tie the bike down.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks guys. I am thinking of picking one up and get a 3/4" piece of plywood to go on top unless I can find something at least an extra 1" wider.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got one, used it many times on my old Stryker (changing oil, removing wheels, etc.) and never had any support issues. Yes, you have to move it around to make sure it gets under the frame on both sides, but once it's positioned properly - no problem. I also used that mechanical stopper on the jack and never left it "hanging" on the hydraulic cylinder. Felt pretty secure to me.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Had mine up there working on it yesterday. Like nurtaeff said, maneuver it around to get it just right but once it's up there...it's as steady as it gets

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So I bought the Harbor Freight jack and tried it yesterday. Can't say I am happy about how tight it is to line up on the frame. I will be picking up some 3/16 flat steel or maybe 90 degree angled steel and making the saddles wider by at least an inch or two. The other thing that is a pain in the @$$ is the engine casing sitting below the frame rails. I had to put in 3/4" spacers to have it sit properly. I will definitely be using the tie downs as well.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
822 Posts
So I bought the Harbor Freight jack and tried it yesterday. Can't say I am happy about how tight it is to line up on the frame. I will be picking up some 3/16 flat steel or maybe 90 degree angled steel and making the saddles wider by at least an inch or two. The other thing that is a pain in the @$$ is the engine casing sitting below the frame rails. I had to put in 3/4" spacers to have it sit properly. I will definitely be using the tie downs as well.
I can tell you from my experience that using a piece of plywood18X18 works perfectly, been using it for 2 years this way no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am curious as well about setting up the harbor freight jack so the engine case isn't resting on it. Can someone post pictures or explain how you attached the wood to make it stable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I am curious as well about setting up the harbor freight jack so the engine case isn't resting on it. Can someone post pictures or explain how you attached the wood to make it stable?

Thanks!
This should straighten out the wood issue for you. nice handlebars.jpeg

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to give space for the engine block. Very stable side to side but you should stabilize the bike front to back. Also, added a little spacer to fit where the frame bends on the left side at the back. DSCN0395.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a piece of 18x18 plywood across the legs as they just barely touch frame to frame been doing it for few years now no issues. I also use it for the tractor, quads. Doesn't roll easy loaded but its sturdy I don't tie the bike down.
I am trying to adapt mine now...do u mean u just laid a piece of 18" x 18" plywood on top of the legs...didn't that hit the motor when raising the bike?

I added 2 pcs of 2" wide x ? long (approx 3" longer than the legs) and that solved the width problem of the jack....but one of the legs seems to always hit the motor....any ideas? pics?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 42 Posts