Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a nice LED headlight with a custom bracket. I am trying to figure out what to do with the mess of wiring they hide in the headlight now. I was going to print a box to go behind the bracket, but that’s a lot of wires to fit in.

can anyone see a downside to cutting out the connectors, soldering the wires, and heat shrink wrapping them for a cleaner look?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
When I originally swapped out my headlight, I rerouted and tucked all the wires/connectors under the gas tank.
It is doable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I originally swapped out my headlight, I rerouted and tucked all the wires/connectors under the gas tank.
It is doable.
Do you happen to have any pictures? I feel like some of them wouldn’t be long enough.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Do you happen to have any pictures? I feel like some of them wouldn’t be long enough.
Nothing on my phone. I'll see what I have at home on my computer and if I don't I'll see if I can take a picture of it as it is now.
If you look at the plastic wire loom that houses the wires, you should be able to see that you can pull back the wires you want to hide. When they are pulled from that covering you should see that they can be moved under the tank from a location closer to the tank than just trying to route them back from the end where they come out now. (hopefully that makes sense to you)
I've swapped out my neck covers, so a lot of this isn't visible now, but I don't recall moving any of the wires there as they were neatly hidden under the tank from when I first did it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just installed a nice LED headlight with a custom bracket. I am trying to figure out what to do with the mess of wiring they hide in the headlight now. I was going to print a box to go behind the bracket, but that’s a lot of wires to fit in.

can anyone see a downside to cutting out the connectors, soldering the wires, and heat shrink wrapping them for a cleaner look?

View attachment 123835
View attachment 123836
View attachment 123837
View attachment 123838
View attachment 123839
How did you go about custom fitting a bracket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts