Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been asked a million times... but I've been going through the search function & going back to 2013 and can't really find the answer to the question... I find mostly bulb related content. Maybe its just me and all gumbled up in my head since i'm doing an information overload here or I am over thinking it... but here it goes.

Like many of you, I plan on upgrading my headlight... I've read enough posts here and on youtube to know the stock light isn't worth much. I plan on using one of these lights. First question is, being that the bucket is a 7" can't I simply dump a 7" version of these lights in it, like a pro-beam or something?? The other question is, If I must stick with a 5.75" headlight like the one showed, I need a special bracket to fit in it... There's gotta be something out there that is well made, secure, and not as expensive at this one?

Wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on this because this will be my first upgrade... then its the rear fender and cutting off that excess... but darn there is a lot more questions on that one coming up!! 😂

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,062 Posts
You have to stick with 5-3/4 light if you want to use stock bucket. Yes you will need a bracket to hold in those type of lights. And it does get a little costly. For me I couldn’t see spending $300+ for one head light. I purchased the OPT7 bulb light maybe 6 years ago or so and love it. They no longer make it anymore but can be found on Amazon. $60 and I thought that was expensive too. But love the light output.

Check out XKGLOW LED Taillights, Headlights, Underglow & More | XKGLOW. My next bulb if this one fails will be Hikari brand, I have them in all my other vehicles and they are truly the brightest been four years! Only found on Amazon-

Reactions: Jekyll
1 - 2 of 2 Posts