Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Hi everyone, bought my Stryker a month and a half ago and have been busy with mods. Love it thus far. Thinking of lowering it 1 inch since I’m one the shorter side at 5’6”. I bought it with the cobra power flow installed and (I can’t believe I’m gonna say this) I’m thinking of going back to stock. The power is awesome but I’m moving up from a vstar 650 so I don’t feel like it’s necessary for me. I’d rather get the better gas mileage so I can enjoy longer rides. It currently gets 30-34 mpg. Any thoughts on this besides wanting to strip me of my man card?

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,160 Posts
Welcome!

Going back to stock intake will not give you better gas mileage that you will notice.
When you say 30-34mpg how are you figuring that out? I get anywhere from 125-160 miles to a tank even riding 2up-depending on how hard I am with the throttle. Do you get gas when light is on? Before that? Do you top off? I’ve found that helpful as I can get an extra pint of gas in there, yes it’s tedious and is much easier if the pumps let you trickle the last few dollars in. I make sure I don’t full past the breather hole or it will leak out the overflow especially on hot day when it expands. Also keep eye on tire pressures regularly. I run 35.5 on front tires and 40.5 on rear this seemed to be the sweet spot for wear, handling, mileage. I run Cobra chrome tires now tried all the others and Cobra while not the cheapest was the best performance and wear for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! I would keep the breather. Don't really like the stock breather or exhaust on these bikes. Just about the only things I didn't like about the Stryker. That and no tach. But everyone has there on taste. Also have the cobra chrome tires. 240 rear. Love them and run about the same pressure as Preacherman. Happy riding brother.

·
Registered
301 Posts
check out low and mean Reaper front fender , I think it would look great on your bike .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
check out low and mean Reaper front fender , I think it would look great on your bike .
Got one and literally brining it to my paint guy today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts