Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Matte grey, v&h twin slash, cobra intake, Ivan’s flash
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’ve had my Stryker for almost a year now but am just now actually becoming a member although I have been all over this forum reading and learning since I got it. So the bike is a 2014 matte grey that I found with just 4,000 miles on it. I’ve ridden the Stryker back when they first came out as my dad bought a brand new raven back in 2011 and I also fell in love with the looks and ride, but still being a teenager I was still stock on sport bikes. I got my first ninja ZX6R when I was 16, then onto a ZX9R shortly after. Then it was about a 6 year hiatus from motorcycles when I went into the army until I finally bought a cbr 1000 back in 2015. Anyways I finally decided I wanted something more comfortable to just cruise on and low and behold I found a Stryker just when I started looking and jumped on it. Now for the Stryker, started with drilling the exhaust literally the day I rode it home, funny cause I knew about that because my dad did it to his all those years ago. So far I’ve added kinetic grips, v&h twin slash, lindybar, Ivan’s ECU flash, Metz 240 rear and front, plastidipped most of the engine covers. Black kury Skelton hands on order, mustang seat with backrest, cobra powrflow intake and pcs lower links hopefully within the next week or two. Plans to also get a metal wrap fender and chin scoop in the next few months. I saw a few other new members from ga, if any of y’all are near Athens, that’s where I am and would definitely enjoy riding with some other Stryker riders. Also my brother currently has our dads 11 raven since his passing.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Cloud Wheel Sky
Tire Fuel tank Cloud Wheel Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful machine! I have the same crash bars on mine, and love em. The grey is my favourite color scheme, but it's common knowledge that green is actually the fastest color :)

This forum isn't what it used to be (I'm partially to blame for that as well as I don't post here much) but it's a wealth of knowledge.

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. The one year anniversary of my father's death is in a week. He was great with helping me work on my bikes and we spent a lot of hours spinning wrenches in his garage. Today I had to do work on my bike and it was much harder doing so alone. I miss him.

I absolutely love my 2015 and have ridden across the US from NY to Cali, and then from Vancouver Island to Mexico, as well as many other trips on it. Super comfortable, always reliable, and the best looking ride I have ever owned. I have two other bikes, and every time I get on the Stryker I know I will ride it till it dies (or I do!). 50,000km + and counting.

Figure if I ever write it off I'll come down to your neck of the woods and buy another to ride it home. Nothing is perfect in this world, but the Yamaha Stryker sure comes close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green bullet cowl is def a very close second favorite of mine. Had I been able to find one when I was looking I probably would went with that instead. The dark green and all black accents just go so well with each other. Thanks for the reply and I had notice it’s gotten pretty quite around here but it’s cool there’s still some around to show us new guys things we might not even of thought about with this bikes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, what’s the name of the Facebook group? Gainesville motor sports is actually where my brother and dad both got their bikes. That’s also who I had do my 8,000 mile service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I’ve had my Stryker for almost a year now but am just now actually becoming a member although I have been all over this forum reading and learning since I got it. So the bike is a 2014 matte grey that I found with just 4,000 miles on it. I’ve ridden the Stryker back when they first came out as my dad bought a brand new raven back in 2011 and I also fell in love with the looks and ride, but still being a teenager I was still stock on sport bikes. I got my first ninja ZX6R when I was 16, then onto a ZX9R shortly after. Then it was about a 6 year hiatus from motorcycles when I went into the army until I finally bought a cbr 1000 back in 2015. Anyways I finally decided I wanted something more comfortable to just cruise on and low and behold I found a Stryker just when I started looking and jumped on it. Now for the Stryker, started with drilling the exhaust literally the day I rode it home, funny cause I knew about that because my dad did it to his all those years ago. So far I’ve added kinetic grips, v&h twin slash, lindybar, Ivan’s ECU flash, Metz 240 rear and front, plastidipped most of the engine covers. Black kury Skelton hands on order, mustang seat with backrest, cobra powrflow intake and pcs lower links hopefully within the next week or two. Plans to also get a metal wrap fender and chin scoop in the next few months. I saw a few other new members from ga, if any of y’all are near Athens, that’s where I am and would definitely enjoy riding with some other Stryker riders. Also my brother currently has our dads 11 raven since his passing.
View attachment 124063
View attachment 124062 View attachment 124062 View attachment 124063
Northwest Georgia, Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from Lawrencevile, GA. I am about 25 mins from Athens. I like some of the mods you have. I am new here also and have had several excellent recommendations on accessories/improvements.
Thanks man, if you want any info on the stuff I have just ask

1 - 10 of 10 Posts