Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Just got my hands on a 14’ Stryker and I’m very excited to begin mods and such.
Already have VH exhaust, aftermarket air cleaner and an EJK tuner.
Definitely going to get Ivan to work his magic and in the spring go 240.
Any ideas on a good place, or part number, for a 30T sprocket?
I’ll get some pics uploaded at some point but for now am down for the count with what might possibly be Covid. Getting tested tomorrow. Just got the bike Saturday and now I can’t ride for at least a few weeks. Jeez!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi PL8 HED, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy the people, the forum, and cruisin' on your Stryker.

r/ Michael, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army (Retired)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from Utah!
My season is on its last days, it was 29 this morning and as much of a daily rider I try to be, I'm thinking I'm finding my limits for the year.
I hope the covid leaves you be so you can enjoy the year round season down there! What color did you get? For mods I'd start with the air intake+hiflow filter, and just swap the tire to a 240 once you need a new one. No sense in wasting tread :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the "Welcome" guys.
My bike is the matte grey color. Think I'll pull the decals off and give it a cleaner look. The previous owner did some blacking out of a few things, but he did a sloppy job so probably going to be stripping some things down and repainting at some point. So far here's what came on the bike:
V&H Twin Slash
Baron Big Air Cleaner
EJK Tuner
Aftermarket Mirrors, Grips and Pegs

Love the pipes for sure
Not to crazy about the air cleaner, but hey, it's an upgrade from stock and I'd rather spend my money on other stuff first.
I'll have to mess with the tuner at some point or at least ask Ivan about it when I do the ECU Flash
Probably going to look into floor boards for me and get adapters for passenger boards that lower and move them forward
I'd like the "tall" backrest/luggage rack at some point but man the OEM are expensive
The 240 is a definite in the Spring although I'm surprised at how chubby the 210 really looks. I've read that the 2 sizes not much different in width but the 240 is a bit taller and gives better all around handling. Has that been your experience?

All in all, I'm happy with the bike and the price I payed so looking forward to getting into it and making it a bit more custom to my liking. I'd been eyeing the bike for a month or so and in doing my research about the Stryker, I stumbled onto this forum. It really got me hooked in once I saw all of the tinkering that could be done to the bike to improve performance. The amount of info on the forum is really wonderful and everyone seems generally helpful and interested in what others are doing to their ride. Feels like a nice community to be involved with and I'm excited to see what I can do to my bike. Plus, once I realized how overpriced a HD is it was a no brainer!!!

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
967 Posts
I have barons too and it’s ok. I like the fact you can buy a spare filter, so when time for cleaning just a swap. My other two aftermarket air filters assemblies were not available for separate purchase. I love my 240 and wouldn’t go back to Stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, the 240 is noticable. Both in handling and in a slight ride height increase. I didn't think much about it, but it made it tougher for my wife to take mine out. Lucky she has her Victory Octane so that's not an issue. Now if I could just keep up with her ;) haha!

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
967 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts