Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying hello.

My names Matt and yesterday I bought a Raven Black Stryker. Its too bad that up here in the north east the weather is still crappy and the bike is going into dealer storage for about a month. I been riding my old 85 Honda Interceptor for the past 4 years now and really wanted to spend more time riding than fixing.

I am really looking forward to picking up my bike as soon as the temperature gets above freezing and the salt and sand washes away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Welcome aboard !

I bought my black Stryker back in November and am really enjoying it. I upgraded from a VStar 650 - which I really loved but this bike is in a completely different class. I just hit 2000 miles on it yesterday and have nice 500 mile trip lined up this weekend which should be fun ( weather permitting ).

Enjoy the bike - hopefully you'll be able to get it out on the road before too long.

Flem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Welcome to the club! You got the best one, the black one ;)
I've had mine bout a month now and have no complaints. Hope you get some decent weather soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
MPM said:
Just saying hello.

My names Matt and yesterday I bought a Raven Black Stryker. Its too bad that up here in the north east the weather is still crappy and the bike is going into dealer storage for about a month. I been riding my old 85 Honda Interceptor for the past 4 years now and really wanted to spend more time riding than fixing.

I am really looking forward to picking up my bike as soon as the temperature gets above freezing and the salt and sand washes away.
Welcome to the site. Throw your pin on the member map if you haven't already. I am SE PA, where are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
I just checked, looks like you are in CT. My wife is up there for business at Foxwoods which I believe isn't too far from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ace said:
I just checked, looks like you are in CT. My wife is up there for business at Foxwoods which I believe isn't too far from you.
Rhode Island Technically but its close enough to south east CT. Foxwoods is about 20 minutes from my house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I know exactly how you feel I'm a little further north (Montreal, Canada) and my new Stryker is sitting cozy and lonely on the showroom floor. This snow just has to go! Counting the days watching the forcast and praying for good weather. longest days of my life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Welcome to the stryker forum and welcome from sunny florida :D
Sorry, I know its killing you not to ride your new black beauty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called the dealer today picking the bike up tomorrow ;D

Its going to be close to 60 degrees out, got the day off going riding with a buddy of mine. Hopefully he doesn't want to blast down the twisty roads on his CBR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
MPM said:
Called the dealer today picking the bike up tomorrow ;D

Its going to be close to 60 degrees out, got the day off going riding with a buddy of mine. Hopefully he doesn't want to blast down the twisty roads on his CBR.
My Son rides a 1 liter bike, and believe it or not, i can hang pretty good with him. You might be amazed how good your sled can lean over in the turns. But i wouldn't try to keep up until you get REAL aquaited with your Stryker.

RSR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I am sure the bike is going to take some getting use to. Considering this is my old ride:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Matt, I remember when that bike came out, and it was the hot bike in it's day! But ya, two way different bikes in riding style, and comfort.


RSR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea 2 completely different rides. I bought the Honda(1st bike) for 500$ on a whim and spent the last 2+ years tinkering and riding and tinkering some more, never really had it perfect. The riding position is what made me go look for a newer ride. I have pins in both of my shoulders and the forward riding position of the sport bikes was limiting me to like 30 minute or less rides. That was one of the main reasons I bought the Stryker riding position fit me well.

For now I think I am going to keep the Honda around maybe pull the motor and give it some TLC from the ground up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Don't sweat it!
This bike rides and handles very easily.
I upgraded from a Triumph Speedmaster 800cc (The Yellow One).
My old bike was about 90lbs lighter than the Stryker, but the Stryker has better ergonomics.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,694 Posts
Howdy Pard! Lots of neat mod ideas on here and I'm sure many more to come!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top