Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hands on this awesome bike but im not getting spark and I have an error 19 I can't seem to get rid of

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota. I believe that is a kickstand switch fault. Does the bike run. Has the switch been tampered with. I'm sure someone else knows more than me on this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You said no spark of course it doesn't run. Just looked up code definitely something happening with kickstand switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your input im new on this site so very much appreciate support. The bike was in a accident and I repaired it now and the engine cranks but no spark. I tested the side stand switch in diagnosis mode and no matter what I do it stays in the off position hens the reason I have code 19. But I tried disconnecting it, I tried twisting the 2 wires together and I tried battery disconnect multiple times and it still won't switch to on and or the code won't go away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you check fuse. Did you follow the wires to make sure they were not grounding out somewhere. Hopefully someone else will jump in on this discussion and come up with something else. Preacherman is usually good with this kind of thing .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I have studied the service guide and I cant figure out what the blue black coupler of or on the ecu actually is. There r multiple blue black wires. Can anyone better describe or help me understand the code 19 connection failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone's help greatly appreciated.. this has me so frustrated, been several weeks now on this impossible code 19. Im about remove all the wiring to find the problem.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
968 Posts
Ok I have studied the service guide and I cant figure out what the blue black coupler of or on the ecu actually is. There r multiple blue black wires. Can anyone better describe or help me understand the code 19 connection failure.
It is saying that there is a break or a disconnection in the blue/black wire on the ECU connection. So if you remove your seat, and remove the little tool holder on top of the battery where the green arrow is on the pic is where the ECU is located under a rubber boot.

About 4”long. See pic-

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
968 Posts
The blue/black wire goes from #3 main switch to ECU! It is the only blue/black , the other similar one is Black/blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts