Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a mini review of the helmet video camera I got. It is the Sena Prism Tube wifi camera. Used it for the first time yesterday. (I’m re-learning audio and video editing for resume purposes and why not use video I love).

First of all, I love it! The picture quality is great, true HD quality. It has a external and internal mic, I didn’t want only wind noise so mounted the mic in my helmet. It recorded all my music from my speakers in my helmet. But I could have made commentary on the vid but I had no reason too. OK, at one point it did record me yelling but there was a good reason.

It has a phone app that can be used to preview for alignment and also the camera can be used as a wifi hotspot to view videos or download to the phone. It came in very handy yesterday to review part of our ride.

It is very easy to turn the camera on and off, even with my winter riding gloves. As soon as you slide it on it starts to record, simple.

Ok, I now definitely look like a Storm Trooper with my camera on one side and bluetooth on the other of a white helmet, I’m a sci-fi geek so I’m ok with that. I can plug my hemet into my computer now for download, so yeah, I’ve crossed a geek line.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this. I'll be interested to see what you think about it in 2 months. I've been looking for a good helmet cam solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep an eye on this. I'll be interested to see what you think about it in 2 months. I've been looking for a good helmet cam solution.
Well, I know I will get some riding time in the next few months but I will take some vids of snow and ice too if you want, I live in the Chicago area so fewer and fewer riding days. (I’ll ride until they start spreading salt in the road).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes
Any update on this camera? I'm looking at the tube types and would love to see how well this has held up for you.

Yes, it is awesome. It is holding up well, have rode through a few thunderstorms with it, no problems. The first time I used it in a group ride the guy in front of me had a bad crash, I had the whole thing on video, when the ambulance got there was able to show them exactly what upon. He didn’t remember crashing, he was knocked out, showed later. Not why I got it but came in handy.

The video is too big to post.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Awesome, hope the HD rider is okay, caught him mid-flight dust and all, as well as the clarity of the riders in your mirror. Thank you for taking the time for the product review.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts