Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Like every one else I hate the helmet lock location and try to find a place to install a after market. Well I didn't want it on my handle bars or where it would be to obvious so I put it next to the rear foot peg. Does not interfere with the foot peg and I used the slot to install, so no holes. It is the lock you find when you purchase most other Yamaha's and is keyed to my key. So bonus. ;D
]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I could say it was my idea, but it was my mechanic at my Yami. dealership. I didn't but it, my mechanic just gave it to me. It comes off the Yamaha bikes, so I guess there must be a part number at Yamaha. Most riders take it off when they install saddlebags, because the saddlebags cover the helmet locks. I see these locks on the 650, 900, 1100 etc. on the left side of the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Took some searching but this is what I came up with. This is a Yamaha Helmet hanger assembly. The part
is #26H-21308-01-00 and you need to order the bolt 90149-06154-00. Looks like you may need to hit the
hardware store for a washer and nut for the bolt, since I do not see a part number. It looks like this hanger
has been in the Yamaha line forever, so you will see it for a bunch of different models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya dliszews, that's what I was saying, you see it on almost all Yamaha bikes, so it can't be hard to get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because it is a Yamaha helmet lock, it is made to except your Yamaha key. You only have to have someone who changes lock pins, to make it work for your key. Your Yami Dealer, any lock smith, or anyone who deals with keys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
MY said:
Because it is a Yamaha helmet lock, it is made to except your Yamaha key. You only have to have someone who changes lock pins, to make it work for your key. Your Yami Dealer, any lock smith, or anyone who deals with keys.
Sweet thx. Gonna have to order one of those tomorrow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
great idea, yamaha needs to pay more attention to 'needs' like this. I might just have to do one on each side for me and my pass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Looks good but theives can just cut the straps... im looking for something where i can use a cable that will loop through my full helmet mouthpiece and connect to the bike??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
I feel that it would interfere with my passenger feet on a long ride ...isn't?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
Raven said:
MY said:
Because it is a Yamaha helmet lock, it is made to except your Yamaha key. You only have to have someone who changes lock pins, to make it work for your key. Your Yami Dealer, any lock smith, or anyone who deals with keys.
Sweet thx. Gonna have to order one of those tomorrow

So I bought the lock and dropped it off at the locksmith. He said he can't re-key it to the ignition because the keys are different. I looked at them and he's right. The helmet lock key has different lines and is shorted and fatter. The ignition key won't even fit into the helmet lock cylinder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You obviously didn't use the Yamaha helmet lock. If you did then bring it in to your yamaha dealer. This is why they make these ,so one key opens everything.
 

·
Hero Member
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
WLFPAK65 said:
Looks good but theives can just cut the straps... im looking for something where i can use a cable that will loop through my full helmet mouthpiece and connect to the bike??
i think a thief would probably realize that cutting the straps would render the helmet useless and they couldn't use or sale it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
skwerlee said:
WLFPAK65 said:
Looks good but theives can just cut the straps... im looking for something where i can use a cable that will loop through my full helmet mouthpiece and connect to the bike??
i think a thief would probably realize that cutting the straps would render the helmet useless and they couldn't use or sale it
That is the reality but a thief is a theif. They dont think about those kind of things. Kind of like when they rip out a car stereo and totally destroy all of the wiring hook ups.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top