Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
8,690 Posts
Set them on the seat. If its raining- carry them with us.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Check under your seat on clutch side of bike (left). there is helmet lock. I use that when i park it at work. Elsewhere it depends on where i am stopped and how long. If its in and out or just a stop to rest then just hangs on grips or back rest.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have a small cable lock and attach it to the handle bar. Small enough to hide I jacket pocket.
+1 Got mine at local bicycle shop for like $10. Only use it if staying in a place for a longer time. Not going to stop a determined thief but will stop a crime of opportunity.

If your lid is pricey I'd consider bringing it in...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have two cable locks (12"long), you can get at a bike shop or general retailers that carry sporting goods. I use them to lock my jacket though the sleeve and my helmet though the window out the neck. You can secure them at the sissy bar or the bars or even the front spokes.
I chuckle when I see people caring their helmet around because the can't lock them.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have two cable locks (12"long), you can get at a bike shop or general retailers that carry sporting goods. I use them to lock my jacket though the sleeve and my helmet though the window out the neck. You can secure them at the sissy bar or the bars or even the front spokes.
I chuckle when I see people caring their helmet around because the can't lock them.
Like I said, our approach is minimal at best. If I had an Aria or other lid north of $400 I'd carry it around with pride!!
I get that it takes balls to steal a lid from a "biker" event but I have no doubt it happens and that the people doing it know exactly what they are looking for and look the part so most people don't give them a second thought if they see them...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
good Idea, thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts