Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Stryker all stock. With3k miles. When I te the throttle it has a rattling sound. Is this normal. How can I correct it, or is it just he way it is ?? Also I wanted to drill holes in the exhaust for deeper sound. Thoughts please from someone who has done it ???

·
Administrator
4,767 Posts
I have a 2012 Stryker all stock. With3k miles. When I te the throttle it has a rattling sound. Is this normal. How can I correct it, or is it just he way it is ?? Also I wanted to drill holes in the exhaust for deeper sound. Thoughts please from someone who has done it ???
There is a small rattle. You should gut the entire exhaust instead of just drilling a few holes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure about the rattle you are hearing. But I drilled four 1/2" holes in each baffle just this evening. Sounds great in the garage, getting it on the road tomorrow when it's not raining.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't done it but parts guy at the dealer told me to get a fuel commander before drilling the baffles, because bike runs lean already and holes will lean it out more. I had a guy pass me on a stryker that was drilled it sounded better then my stock sound thats why I went to the dealer. Not sure if he had a fuel commander we where on the freeway.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I drilled my old pipes... was heaps better than stock... held me over until I got the Cobras
Yep Ivan's flash, Cobra autotuner, Cobra powerpro intake, and DRILLED PIPES. Cobra swepts will be my next winter mod... Runs and sounds awesome now, can't imagine how much better with performance pipes.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I haven't done it but parts guy at the dealer told me to get a fuel commander before drilling the baffles, because bike runs lean already and holes will lean it out more. I had a guy pass me on a stryker that was drilled it sounded better then my stock sound thats why I went to the dealer. Not sure if he had a fuel commander we where on the freeway.

Dealer tried to sell you a fuel manager there on the spot.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a 2012 that I bought new at the end of summer 2012. I drilled the pipes (4 holes in each pipe) as soon as I got it home. Sounded much better than stock. I now have 16000 miles on it, Ivan's flash and a cobra round air cleaner. The pipes sound better than ever and get better each year. My buddy has a Raider with cobra swepts and we both agree that my pipes sound much better. I like the looks of the stock pipes and have no interest in replacing them. The bike can run like a scalded cat.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts