Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping people in this forum can help me out. I’ve been wanting to get a specific Yamaha Stryker model for a while now, and I’m now in a place I can store it. The problem is now the model is pretty hard to find, and I need help from those more knowledgeable than me to help me with some specifics on the model.
The model I’m looking for is a 2015 Stryker with the dark gray paint job and decal that states “eighty inch 80” on the gas tank. I’ve found a 2014 model that looks like it may be the same, but I need knowledgeable people to let me know if that’s the case. Here are the questions I have I’m hoping people here can help me with:
  • Does the dark gray paint job with “eighty inch 80” on the gas tank have a name I can use to make searching for it easier?
  • Are the 2014 and 2015 versions of that model exactly the same?
  • Is the bullet cowl version of that model exactly the same as the version without, so I can simply take off the bullet cowl (I’m not a fan of that look)?
I’ve attached a few pictures of the model I’m looking for. Thanks in advance for any help!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
31 Posts
  • Yes!, Star (Yamaha) Stryker xvs 1300c -custom-, commercially speaking.:)
  • All the strykers are the same, in your country except California models due to emissions. Looks good in grey, -the new black-.
  • Refer to answer 2.

Good luck, it,s a great machine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bullet Cowl is just an extra piece, exactly the same otherwise. That being said, I am positive someone would buy the cowl from you if you got that model. It's just two bolts holding it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Yes!, Star (Yamaha) Stryker xvs 1300c -custom-, commercially speaking.:)
  • All the strykers are the same, in your country except California models due to emissions. Looks good in grey, -the new black-.
  • Refer to answer 2.

Good luck, it,s a great machine.
Thanks so much for the info, it's really helpful!

As a clarification for the first question, I'm asking if that particular grey paint job with the decal on the tank has a specific package name (i.e. "blackout" or "custom" or "legacy" or something like that)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bullet Cowl is just an extra piece, exactly the same otherwise. That being said, I am positive someone would buy the cowl from you if you got that model. It's just two bolts holding it on.
Thanks for the information. I think if I get a model that has the cowl I'll probably sell it.

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,144 Posts
The 15 will have LED turn signals. Only difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks so much for the info, it's really helpful!

As a clarification for the first question, I'm asking if that particular grey paint job with the decal on the tank has a specific package name (i.e. "blackout" or "custom" or "legacy" or something like that)?
Nope, Vehícles have a technical name: service manual: XVS13CA and a commercial too: -Stryker- , that 14,s name is the same in matte gray..., cos there isn,t enough differences -bullet cowl- with the precedents color apart and that color hasn,t any special name; i.e. 14,s Stryker in impact blue, dark blue for the mortals..

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Yep, second on preacherman's comment. I have a 2015 and it has LED signals and that's about the difference. My buddy had the exact bike you are looking for and just sold it. I don't think it has a particular identifying name. The bullet cowl is easy to remove, and apparently easy to sell as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts