Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Here are pictures of my FI2000r closed loop install but i need help/results

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  roger 
#1 ·
http://photobucket.com/Fuelcontroller

Once you click into the link go to the last picture first and work backwards sorry about that i left comments on all the pictures. I also for got to take a picture but on the back of the tank i just stuck a piece of 2x4 in their to hold up the tank so you have more room to work. helps to have small fingers for this job. All you need for this job or at least what i used are 12mm,10mm socket,philipsheads screwdriver and a long flat screwdriver is what i used to pry up on the left fuel wire while i used my finger to push the tab in. The job its self is pretty straight forward there were only 2 parts i had trouble 1. was trying to unplug the left fuel plug but take your time and you will get it. 2. although this part was not hard i could not believe that on the o2 sensor plug the white plug pushes in but does not click in don't know how it will stay unless i did something wrong maybe just use a zip tie just so it does not come apart. RESULTS i started the bike seem to take a little extra longer to start but i figure thats the mapping trying to adjust. As i road i noticed the hesitation was gone completely no problems 100% solved but my engine light came on don't know why? Maybe some of you who have done this can tell me why. my injector plugs are on i'am wondering if its not the o2 wire came apart? Any help will be appreciated.

#7 ·
Ok after talking with cobra i went back and checked all connections twice and light is still on so i put everything back to stock and the light is still on. So i can not tell if i may have knocked something else loose and that maybe be the problem i don't know so the first thing is to have the shop track the light problem then reinstall the FI2000R. Double guessing myself now but may have been easier to just remove the tank to do this it is tight in their.

#9 ·
clar2001 said:
Check your 02 sensor plug again you had said it was not mating properly , or maby sothing pulled loose under the tank it is hard to work there.
The 02 plug i checked this morning i pulled it apart looked and their is only one way to go together so i pushed it back together and started it up light is still on.

#13 ·
Roger said:
Guys i know its been a while for this thread but just in case somebody else has this problem it was an easy fix. I knocked the connection loose for throttle sensor.
We REALLY appreciate you taking the time to update us on this. I am thinkin about getting the closed loop versus the AutoTuner - how is it working? Is the difference in proce worth the extra cash for the Auto-tune?

#14 ·
I'am very happy with it. the best advice i can give is take the time to remove the tank {although not necessary} this way you can make sure of your connections i'am not sure what mods you have i have a cobra air intake and v&h slashed staggered exhaust. my current setting are 5-5-5. My dealer did the settings and it seems to work great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.