Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Yep, plisken, I thought of that too.

KiNG, if you have a bike with Ivan's flash you will have a sticker on it and can simply remove the fuel tuner and see what happens. I don't think you can run it without the fuel tuner if you don't have a flashed ECU.

I think preacher's suggestion to unplug the rad fan might be a good one just to see if that makes a difference. Would be careful about overheating though if you have hot weather, so next time it happens see if you unplug the rad fan if it starts right up.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
I did the same with a mesh guard with much smaller holes and it saved my bacon one day. Outside of Dawson City Yukon they had road construction and there was so much clay and rock stuck to my rad I had to pry it out like a brick.

Today I came out after work and noticed a large long thing sticking out under my bike. Turns out I picked up a tree branch around the size of my pinkie finger in diameter that had slammed into the rad, wedged up and under the plastic fin cover and would have really mangled my rad fins if it wasn't for the mesh guard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts