Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a few posts related to this with some basic suggestions but no, yes this solved it for me, answers. So, it cranks slowly, sometimes failing after a couple rev, only after riding minimum several miles. Naturally suspicious of battery and replaced it. No change. Winter happened. This year said ef it maybe bat was defective. Replaced again, no change. One day at the gas pump of course, tried several times and cooked the solenoid. No prob jumped it w pliers until new one came. No change. Been using trickle charger weekly just to make sure. No change. I can only imagine the starter is perhaps slightly out of round or something that would make it heat sensitive. If i buy a starter and nothing happens imma be super pissed 😂 Also.. 2014 20k new plugs this year along w air filter, tires (get the 240!) cobra programmer, custom exhaust. *coolant and oil (syn) full, radiator fins clean as can be, no leaks.
***almost forgot, starts right up when cold
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, it was oddly enough not acting up even in this summer weather until it did once. I figured i’d give the fan plug a pull to see if i got any more juice only to discover i had just acquired a nice big rock embedded halfway through the radiator and leaking everywhere. kinda lucky in a way. soooo got the new one in today and def lyk if i find any answers. (made a wire mesh guard for $14 to keep rocks out 😎) thanks again 2️⃣👇

1 - 4 of 4 Posts