Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 733 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Chrome would look great but it's already a nice looking bike Miko.
How do you like the scythe mirrors?
Are they convex at all?, field of vision???
I have the scythe as well. I like the mirrors a lot. I had the same one's you have from zillion8 and couldn't for the life of me see out the left mirror without adjusting my body on the bike to view that way. The scythe have a far bigger field of view than the other mirrors. They are bigger, but they look good as far as I'm concerned. Vibration is minimal, I can see fine at highway speeds and city speeds on them. No double vision from vibration.

FYI, zillion8 still isn't doing well. I got PayPal to refund my money for an order I didn't get. A friend ordered mirrors from them a week prior to my order and he is out the money with no mirrors either. 0 response from zillion8. I would advise all to STAY AWAY from them from their recent track history. I know you weren't happy with the quality of the mounts.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chrome would look great but it's already a nice looking bike Miko.
How do you like the scythe mirrors?
Are they convex at all?, field of vision???
no, no convex at all but the design of it allows you to push them foward then angle the mirrors inward. That helps to get the view around my shoulders. You probably cant tell anymore but when I was younger I used to look like Ivan Pudsky!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I have the scythe as well. I like the mirrors a lot. I had the same one's you have from zillion8 and couldn't for the life of me see out the left mirror without adjusting my body on the bike to view that way. The scythe have a far bigger field of view than the other mirrors. They are bigger, but they look good as far as I'm concerned. Vibration is minimal, I can see fine at highway speeds and city speeds on them. No double vision from vibration.

FYI, zillion8 still isn't doing well. I got PayPal to refund my money for an order I didn't get. A friend ordered mirrors from them a week prior to my order and he is out the money with no mirrors either. 0 response from zillion8. I would advise all to STAY AWAY from them from their recent track history. I know you weren't happy with the quality of the mounts.
Thanks for the info.
I've since gone back to the stock mirrors for now.
I do like the chrome scythe though...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info.
I've since gone back to the stock mirrors for now.
I do like the chrome scythe though...

I ride a lot bro, here in Texas I can stand a lot of chrme in my face. The sun shines way to brite for that. I can say that these scythe mirrirs are one of the best I've had.

1 - 20 of 733 Posts