Yamaha Star Stryker banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Thought I'd revive this post since it's been a while and I've now had my first part failure. 60,244 miles and my fuel level sending unit appears to have stopped functioning properly.
As I now sit in a parking lot waiting for gas to be delivered to me. Lol

How is everyone else's bikes doing and where's your mileage at now?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
29K and rock solid. Hoping that continues.
As for your sender unit, you didn't by any chance have the tank off for painting etc did you? Reason I ask is that the units can be installed backwards and will show 2 bars as your pic indicates...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Ya I've read about the backwards install. But unfortunately I haven't had mine off. Going to see if it comes back to life this week after it dries out from being washed.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Ya I've read about the backwards install. But unfortunately I haven't had mine off. Going to see if it comes back to life this week after it dries out from being washed.
I'd also try and get the gas swishing around a fair amount by rocking it etc. in the garage. Float is electrol-mechanical so could just be stuck for whatever reason.
Easy job and part isn't expensive is faulty but a medium sized hassle to remove the tank :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Stryker. I currently have 82,459 miles on it. Never had any break downs. I’ve only had to change the plugs once, rebuilt forks once. 3 new clutch cables, 1 new clutch kit and coolant change at 50K. Outside that, new rear tire every 8K, new front tire every 16K, and oil change every 5K. Clean my air filter every 10K. I just changed the factory battery last month. Best bike I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2014 Stryker. I currently have 82,459 miles on it. Never had any break downs. I’ve only had to change the plugs once, rebuilt forks once. 3 new clutch cables, 1 new clutch kit and coolant change at 50K. Outside that, new rear tire every 8K, new front tire every 16K, and oil change every 5K. Clean my air filter every 10K. I just changed the factory battery last month. Best bike I’ve ever owned.
Heck yeah dude. I recently bought a 2013 with 12,000. Good to hear they can last like that since I'm planning on putting on tons of miles

81 - 97 of 97 Posts