Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Figured I would bump this thread up to see of any interest for a get together. I am in Bergen County, NJ in Fort Lee. Just a few blocks from the GW bridge.

I ride almost every day and most weekends with a group of locals (HD's, cafe racers, other metrics. We take anywhere from 2 hour to 8 hour rides through NJ around Greenwood Lake but mostly up 9W up to West point and get lost in the mountains. most times we stop at the tower at Bear Mtn.

also the first saturday of every month there is a bikes and breakfast meet at "The Market" on 9W in Palisades, NY. from there we usually end up getting in a pretty big groups as people start to follow each other around.

Rhodes tavern or Torches in Newburgh are some popular stops for adult beverages and some food.

let see if we can get together some strykers or any riders really.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You guys want to set up a ride this upcoming weekend? I don't have anything planned for Friday/Sunday. I do have to pick up my wife from the airport @1800 on Saturday, but if we can get a ride going in the morning to about 1500, I'd be game...since I'd have to get home and pick up my cage to pick the wife up from Newark.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Bumping this again to see who is local. good weather is coming so lets see if we can make something happen.

Live and work in Bergen Count. Home is in Fort Lee, NJ and work in Woodcliff Lake

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's up my people From Jersey. I Live in Rahway, Union County. The weather was to nice today. Took a ride up to Hudson County to my old stomping ground :) Definately looking to ride with some Stryker riders.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
What's up my people From Jersey. I Live in Rahway, Union County. The weather was to nice today. Took a ride up to Hudson County to my old stomping ground :) Definately looking to ride with some Stryker riders.

I grew up in hudson county. Union City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
im from staten island...always willing to go for a nj ride!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
April 17th doing a run with hopefully a big crew. Meet at Lukoil gas station 2550 Linwood Ave in Fort Lee, NJ. Meet at 8am. KSU ~8:30. Plan for at least 5 hours maybe more. first leg with be about 30 mins to stop for coffee/breakfast. This spot usually has a good crowd of bikes on sundays. from there lots of backroads heading north through hudson valley along the river. Will go through 7 Lakes drive up to Perkins Tower in Bear Mtn State Park. Will likely go west from there into some old roads. We tend to stop every hour and half or so depending on how cold it is could be more stops. At some point there will be gas and food stop and a few spots for taking in mountain and valley views. We may get up into Ellenville NY and a little beyond. Depending on how far north/west we go we may take Palisades Parkway home to NJ. Let me know what the interest is so I can plan the roads approriatley.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
That sucks. Hope it goes well. Sucks even more because we are chasing the route and heading south instead so it would have been even easier for tug guys to join. Always next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
For anybody still interested we've changed the run completely. needed to accommodate some riders in South Jersey ans also to change things up a bit.

April 17th at 8am meeting at the Best Buy in Secaucus NJ. address is 925 Paterson Plank Rd. KSU 8:30. will head down the Turnpike to exit 9 and will meet another group on route 18 somewhere. from there we will be heading south and west to parts unknown. Someone else will be leading from there that knows the back roads. i will post more details when i have them.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Don't see much interest but FYI, change of plans again. We are heading to a bike blessing and rally in New Rochelle NY. Meeting on Sunday the 17th at 8:30am sharp at Lukoil station in Fort Lee, NJ. Address is 2161 Route 4 East Fort Lee, NJ. We will me merging with a bigger group and heading up over the GW bridge and straight to the meet in NY.\

FWIW, not really going for the blessing but just for the ride there and then a group ride around Westchester area. Should be an all day affair and weather will be great for riding.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts