Yamaha Star Stryker banner

How many quarts of oil does my 2011 stryker take?

34K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  IDStryker 
#1 ·
I know this may sound like a dumb question but I was wondering how many quarts of oil the stryker takes. I just bought my bike from a private party and he hasn't mailed me the owners manual yet if he ever does. I tried calling my local dealer and the sales guy said 3.5 quarts. That didn't sound right but I took his word and bought four quarts of oil and a filter. Changed my oil and added 3.5 quarts looked through the eye glass no oil in it not even standing straight up and leaned down. I havn't started the bike yet and wanted to confirm how many quarts.... Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks everyone.... :D

#8 ·
The service manual calls for 3.91 qts total - 3.38 qt with out filter and 3.59 with filter change.

Personally when I changed my oil and filter I added the 3.6 quarts and it was still low after starting and then shutting it down and checking a couple of mins later. I wound up adding almost the entire gallon probably closer to the 3.9 that the service manual says for the total system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.