Yamaha Star Stryker banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I wonder if anyone has tried this. I think its $108. Is this it?

Flasher Cont. Unit Assy
1US-83400-00-00
That looks like it. Doesn't look like it's a drop in replacement. Might still have to do some rewiring. I think I would see if I could find an aftermarket part a little cheaper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Natedog - thanks for this. I was able to use the same setup on my V Star 950 today. I ended up getting the relay from Amazon for $5. Simple and effective! I did go back and use dielectric grease and shrinktube after testing. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the stock OEM flasher plug with wires? I tried this mod, but now instead of hyper flash, I get solid blinkers (no flash) and a buzzing EP34 relay..... want to go back to hyper flash, but I forgot where the three wires come out of (I only took the three out that are needed on the EP34 and can stick them back in.

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,154 Posts
Here is the diagram- Number 45 is turn signal relay, Wires are white, brown, brown white stripe, yellow red, and black which is ground. here is a pick of plug wiring diagram

and a color code diagram-

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big thanks for the post, pics were helpful. Just wanted to share my experience. Actual time 5 weeks. 3 weeks shipping thanks to the f*** heads at revzilla. Ended up shorting out my speed sensor when the 2 unused wires touched and arced while testing the new blinkers. Rookie ($100) mistake I know. Just wanted save the headache for everyone planning on doing this mod, tape off those 2 first before testing. Safe riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With a 2015

Is any of this possible with the 2015 model?
I have a 2015 Bullet Cowl and trying to get my *newled rear indicators to work.

One, I am having trouble even locating the stock unit.

Two, I am afraid this only applying to the 2014 and older, I am not finding a write up for my bike. Can anyone point me in the direction of what i need to know doing this on my bike? Is my googlefu just too weak today?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice write up Nate. There is one more option that can be used. The signal stabilizer. They go for about $60 and have 4 wires that get connected. This one solution works for all the blinkers front and rear. It requires you to connect to positive battery terminal, a ground and your left and right blinker wire, it also leaves your auto cancel feature in tact.
I have the a signal stabilizer that came with my triple whammy run turn brake controller. I plug it in for the rear lights to stop flashing fast.

What is the steps to use this for all turn signals?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts