Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting in my garage right now scratching my head. How the heck do I get the front wheel off? :eek:

·
Registered
650 Posts
loosen the 2 allen screws under the big allen head then use a big allen head not sure of the size and unscrew it. On my gsxr-1000 I made a tool to loosen the allen head on it I found a metric nut that fit perfectly then screwed it onto a bolt and welded it in place. I could of bought the tool from suzuki but it cost around 90 bucks for the **** tool. Makeing the tool it only cost me 5 bucks from Ace hardware.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sent you a PM on it.

·
8,693 Posts
Are you loosening the 2 axle pinch bolts on the right side first?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Mentat said:
Aw, ****, here I was planning on taking the front wheel off today and NOW you tell me I need a special tool? :'(
nothing special just need more manpower i guess??? u need a 19mm Hex/Allen Tool and a 6mm Hex to remove the 2 bolts under the main one

·
8,693 Posts
Thats the locktite doing its job. You will want to make sure you use Medium Strength locktite when you reinstall.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
11Stryker said:
Thats the locktite doing its job. You will want to make sure you use Medium Strength locktite when you reinstall.
Good To Know Thanks... Gotta Hit Up The Shop For That.... Good Thing I Checked Back On This Cuz I Wouldnt Have Put Some Of That On lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts