Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm new to this but am looking for advise how to get rid of error code 12.:confused:

I have replaced the speed sensor and starter relay but its still showing error code 12 :mad:

How do I reset the ECU now I've replaced these parts

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
108 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery (both leads)? Lot's of times that'll clear codes.

I also seem to remember a post about resetting codes on here someplace. I'll see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
108 Posts
This is the post from the thread I remembered. It's for error code 24 but maybe it'll work for 12 too.

OK. Did some looking through the manual. Yes code 24 is the o2 sensor. First you have to clear the fault code. Then erase codes to get the check engine light to go out. So to keep it simple I will start from the diagnostic mode.

1. Key off- kill run position
2. Press and hold select and reset
3. Turn key on
4. Wait for dIAG to appear
5. Press and hold select and rest again
6. Wait for d01 to appear.
7. Turn kill switch to off
8. Then scroll to code 24
9. Turn kill switch to run
10. Start engine and let idle.

This should clear code 24. If not then the problem is still there. Check the wiring and connections for the o2 sensor and fuel pump. You might have to check the fuel pressure at the pump if that does not work (46.1 PSI). Once you have found the problem repeat steps 1-10 again. Now to get rid of the check engine light repeat steps 1-7. Scroll to code 62 then put kill switch in run position. That should clear the check engine light.

I found this for clearing the codes. They're talking about code 24 but the same procedure should apply to all codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It does not work for error code 12, can confirm. Also disconnecting battery didn’t work because I replaced it. No dice. going to bring mine to my dealership and see if they’ll fix it under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts