1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
809 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Thanks guys- what about a usb jack for power on the long rides?
Multiple options for hardwiring and worth it but you could also just get one of the smaller power packs and velcro strap or cable tie it to the bars and run a short cable for when you need it. The benefit is you get to use it other times as well...
The drawback is you have to mount it and charge at night but not really a big downside there IMO.
They are almost always on sale somewhere this time of year and can usually charge a phone 1-2 times between charges. My phone lasts pretty long but I don't use it for gps so just streaming music...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to use an app on my phone for a speedo, can anyone recommend a holder for the phone and a USB cable?
I just hardwired a 12v to USB adapter off amazon to the headlight bar plug in the headlight can. It only comes on when the bike is running and works well.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I use the above. Unplugged now and battery tender plugged in to it.
I have the same one. Nice that it is hard wired to the battery. I went this route so I can get juice even if the bike is not on.

I ran mine into the saddle bag so it can charge any number of things but I can always pull it out and snake the cable under the tank to the bars if I want it to run a GPS or something.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Multiple options for hardwiring and worth it but you could also just get one of the smaller power packs and velcro strap or cable tie it to the bars and run a short cable for when you need it. The benefit is you get to use it other times as well...
The drawback is you have to mount it and charge at night but not really a big downside there IMO.
They are almost always on sale somewhere this time of year and can usually charge a phone 1-2 times between charges. My phone lasts pretty long but I don't use it for gps so just streaming music...

BillyD - How the heck are ya! Good to hear from ya its bee a long time. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Do you remember that post on here where someone added a key-less remote start? :noidea:

·
Registered
122 Posts
As far as your power, there's an extra power wire in the head light bucket (I think its blue) that works with the key. Ram mount seems to be one of the best out there for your phone.
As far as the keyless remote...the only thing I remember seeing is the guarddawg.
I hope this helps. And merry Christmas Mikoloe!

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts