Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I did it.... I drove to PA, and rode back with a Stryker!!! luckily the guy I bought it from, and myself have a very similar style. So most of the things I would do, have already been done... but I did want to replace the mirrors... they are small, and I cant see anything clear due to the vibrations...

I found a square mirror, and a round mirror... but I have no idea how its gonna look on the bike. I tried to goggle stryker w round mirrors, but all I could find is a random raider on a bad angle.

does anyone have round mirrors? function is key, but I do appreciate a good look. the ones on there now look cool, but I just cant see very well.

the bike is blacked out, w matte paint. so just trying to find something functional that makes sense. anyone have round mirrors on their stryker?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi bigtmane, congrats on the new ride. I realize mine aren't round or square but I love them. The cheesy ones that were on the bike when I bought vibrated and were also too small to see anything. I went with Kuryakyn Scythe mirrors which are solid built and functional.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi bigtmane, congrats on the new ride. I realize mine aren't round or square but I love them. The cheesy ones that were on the bike when I bought vibrated and were also too small to see anything. I went with Kuryakyn Scythe mirrors which are solid built and functional.
goodness your bike is dope!!! Ive been thinking about the plate kit.. it has the integrated tail light on there already, but the blinkers are on right now.

those mirrors are cool. they have a nice look to them. im just trying to find a nice look, with mirrors that done vibrate crazy on the highway. I can see that theres a vehicle around, but I cant tell if its a Buford T Justice or not, and its bugging the **** otta me!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago. Flew into Pittsburgh Pa and rode 612 miles home all in one day. How far was the ride for you?
wow..... did you stop for the night? or you rode the whole 612 miles straight? your a trooper. I rode 120 miles and my hands wouldn't open...
man 612? goodness! wow.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sweet ride, love the murdered out look. My bike had similar mirrors to yours and I agree, worthless. I appreciate the compliment on my bike. Went a little crazy with personalizing the bike. This is what it looked like 6 months ago which was a beautiful bike in its own right.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet ride, love the murdered out look. My bike had similar mirrors to yours and I agree, worthless. I appreciate the compliment on my bike. Went a little crazy with personalizing the bike. This is what it looked like 6 months ago which was a beautiful bike in its own right.
Wow. Yes, it was nice 6 months ago too. That paint job is pretty dope now. That silver and red looks really good. How do you like those Avon grips? Do they help with the vibrations? Feel good on the hands?

I have to get it re-powder coated and I'm trying to decide on a color. Either medium grey, deep grey or black. I'm not sure yet... but it'll remain Matt.

Then I can't decide on a round mirror or a square mirror. I think I'm leaning more towards the rectangular mirror.. I'm looking to maintain the aggressive look, but also I need to freaking see what's happening behind me!! I'm keeping the halogen headlight because it's has the yellow tint and looks kinda retro.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow. Yes, it was nice 6 months ago too. That paint job is pretty dope now. That silver and red looks really good. How do you like those Avon grips? Do they help with the vibrations? Feel good on the hands?

I have to get it re-powder coated and I'm trying to decide on a color. Either medium grey, deep grey or black. I'm not sure yet... but it'll remain Matt.

Then I can't decide on a round mirror or a square mirror. I think I'm leaning more towards the rectangular mirror.. I'm looking to maintain the aggressive look, but also I need to freaking see what's happening behind me!! I'm keeping the halogen headlight because it's has the yellow tint and looks kinda retro.
Love the Avon grips, no vibration and quite comfortable. Scan the photo galleries and see which bike you like with rectangular mirrors then PM the owner for the make. So many options and you don't want to waste money on something you won't be satisfied with. I love my new paint scheme, all pearl, sparkles in the sun and has several coats of clear for that deeeeeep look. :) Look forward to seeing your updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow..... did you stop for the night? or you rode the whole 612 miles straight? your a trooper. I rode 120 miles and my hands wouldn't open...
man 612? goodness! wow.
It was a one day trip. I landed in Pittsburgh at 10am, finished the paperwork at noon and pulled into my yard at 9pm. Then I went out and did a couple hundred miles the next day. That is what I love about this bike, after 9 hours of straight riding I felt great. This is my second one, just didn't know how much I would miss it until riding a Harley.

·
Registered
668 Posts
looking good bigtmane, welcome to the obsession

I cant find any good pictures of my bike but the Yamaha Raider mirrors are an excellent replacement. direct fit, matte black, larger, stable, etc...

It was a one day trip. I landed in Pittsburgh at 10am, finished the paperwork at noon and pulled into my yard at 9pm. Then I went out and did a couple hundred miles the next day. That is what I love about this bike, after 9 hours of straight riding I felt great. This is my second one, just didn't know how much I would miss it until riding a Harley.
you should go for the iron butt, it will be nothing to you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the Avon grips, no vibration and quite comfortable. Scan the photo galleries and see which bike you like with rectangular mirrors then PM the owner for the make. So many options and you don't want to waste money on something you won't be satisfied with. I love my new paint scheme, all pearl, sparkles in the sun and has several coats of clear for that deeeeeep look. 🙂 Look forward to seeing your updates.[/QUOTE]

I'll look into the grips. Im used to those same ol kuryakyn grips. I just want to try something different.

Oh ok I see. Yea it's really nice. This is the first time I've owned a black bike, let alone blacked out and powder coated, but I've always liked that style. As long as I can remember. Just never had a bike that would look right in matte..

I'll def check out the mirrors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking good bigtmane, welcome to the obsession

I cant find any good pictures of my bike but the Yamaha Raider mirrors are an excellent replacement. direct fit, matte black, larger, stable, etc...

you should go for the iron butt, it will be nothing to you
Much appreciated!!! Ok thanks. I'll look into that!!!

Yes, he most def should. I couldn't imagine doing that. Man your a trooper !! U honestly should do the iron butt. If u can ride like that man. Sheesh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful bike, and paint job in the picture!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mirrors

I have the mirrors that came wit the bike. They are perfectly fine. Check yours to see if the isolation isn't compromised.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Issyzone Motorcycle Mirrors Rear... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4VJ09E?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
These are Absolutely the best mirrors I’ve ever owned.
My second set from Amazon on my 2014 stryker. Crashed the bike on my first set. One mirror survived the crash. I high sided the bike on some canyon road slide on some gravel rolled the bike 3 times. The saddlebags saved the rear fender and the front bullet cowling minimized the damage up front. Still one mirror survived. That bike is a freaking tank and it Handles like a tank on the twisties. Miss my duke on the m Mountain roads.
The only time I have to adjust the mirrors is when I bump them.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts